Smugmug search -- what gets searched?

pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
edited June 21, 2006 in SmugMug Support
What fields are searched by smugmug search? owner, gallery title, keywords, descriptions, etc.?

Does smugmug search galleries where HIDE OWNER is activated?

I've uploaded a bunch of photos from a high school graduation ceremony and party. I'm using HIDE OWNER as these kids don't know me. I'd rather them think they were uploaded by my sister and her family.

Everything is exactly as I'd like, EXCEPT I can't seem to find the galleries from the smugmug search.

I've put KCHS in the gallery name (done on Sunday), in the gallery description (done Monday night) and in each of the photo's keywords (done this morning). Still no luck.

I'd like to tell everyone to go to smugmug.com and enter KCHS in the search box. That isn't working, so they'll have to enter this instead:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/1578172

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Pat
koalaplayhouse.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    patkane wrote:
    What fields are searched by smugmug search? owner, gallery title, keywords, descriptions, etc.?
    Yes.
    Does smugmug search galleries where HIDE OWNER is activated?
    Yes, if the gallery is public.
    I've uploaded a bunch of photos from a high school graduation ceremony and party. I'm using HIDE OWNER as these kids don't know me. I'd rather them think they were uploaded by my sister and her family.

Everything is exactly as I'd like, EXCEPT I can't seem to find the galleries from the smugmug search.

I've put KCHS in the gallery name (done on Sunday), in the gallery description (done Monday night) and in each of the photo's keywords (done this morning). Still no luck.

I'd like to tell everyone to go to smugmug.com and enter KCHS in the search box. That isn't working, so they'll have to enter this instead:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/1578172

Any ideas?
    Yes, what you've done is best for the moment. SMUGSEARCH does take some time to update (index) but also there's a bit of wierdness / slowness. Onethumb's aware.
  • pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    ... SMUGSEARCH does take some time to update (index) but also there's a bit of wierdness / slowness. Onethumb's aware.

OK. Thanks for answering the questions as I thought it was something I was doing wrong. Good to know that search hits each of the listed fields.

Now just to get the pages indexed. Standing by.