Green Lamina

judahjudah Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
edited June 26, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I must be out of my mind. After my first week as a photographer I submitted a shot to a DGrin challenge. :1drink

76819750-L.jpg
Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.

http://judah.smugmug.com/

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 21, 2006
    and we're the better for it. welcome aboard and great shot.
    I bet a bit of adjustment will help this shot. Others with more knowledge will be along shortly to assist.
  • judahjudah Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    Angelo wrote:
    and we're the better for it. welcome aboard and great shot.
    I bet a bit of adjustment will help this shot. Others with more knowledge will be along shortly to assist.

Hi Angelo, thanks for your comment. Hope someone will chime in with some feedback. I tried to edit the picture but right now I'm focusing on gettin' the best possible shots straight out of the camera. And to be honest I don't trust my editing skills enough yet. :):

• LCDLCD Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    Very Cool shot! Love the light and the composition. The eye is really pulled into the center of the plant.
    clap.gif

And your first week!! Look out!!
  • WaveRunnerWaveRunner Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited June 23, 2006
    I like your shot, especially how it draws you eye into the center of the leaves. You can try to bounce a little more light into the shot to avoid getting shadow on the inside of the leaves. While post PP editing can achieve this, if you have a timer on your camera you can used a time shot and then use a sheet of flat white paper attached to a document folder to bounce light into the leaves (a cheap piece of paper can beat the investment in an expensive reflector)

thumb.gif
  • judahjudah Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    Thanks to all of you for your feedback. This Lamina happened out of luck. I wasn't lookin' for lamina at all (in fact I was out lookin' for some rubbish) and while I was drivin' on a country road I parked my van near this field of corn (not sure if it was corn or something similar). I was tryin' to test my macro skills and ended up with this. The "black hole" at the bottom I like it a lot. It's what grabs my attention. As I said above, some editing would help this shot a lot but I'm really the dumbest of dumb in the editing field and I'm tryin' to learn as much as possible in the camera. Anyway, thanks again for your comments. :):