Force "no-crop" for purchased prints?

-JB--JB- Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited June 22, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi all,

I've just uploaded a gallery for sale on smugmug, but before I release it, I would love to disable the ability for the client to crop the photos at checkout.. Is there a way to do this (and lock to True colour while I'm at it)?

Thanks,
Jesse
www.jessebradstreet.com
"Don't loaf and invite inspiration,
light out after it with a club."
-Jack London

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    -JB- wrote:
    Hi all,

I've just uploaded a gallery for sale on smugmug, but before I release it, I would love to disable the ability for the client to crop the photos at checkout.. Is there a way to do this (and lock to True colour while I'm at it)?

Thanks,
    Jesse
    There is not. Sorry about that. I wish I had a different answer for you, but I don't.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    -JB- wrote:
    and lock to True colour while I'm at it)?

Something like 95% of Auto Color shots are Never Returned. Something like 95% of the returns, color corrections, etc that I do for our clients, are because of True Color.

We'd have to have some sort of certification program in place before we allowed this I would think, which poses problems all by itself... and then, too, we'd have to consider how the SmugMug Guarantee would work for someone who forced "True."

Food for thought.
  • -JB--JB- Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    No worries Andy, thanks again for taking the time to respond. Don't know how you guys stay sane with all the feature requests :)

As for the crop issue, I finally decided to put my panoramas, etc. on a standard 2:3 black image so by default nothing gets cropped. The only downside is I force the buyer to crop or matte out the black space when it comes to framing. Not ideal, but should work for now..

Thanks again,
    Jesse
    Andy wrote:
    Something like 95% of Auto Color shots are Never Returned. Something like 95% of the returns, color corrections, etc that I do for our clients, are because of True Color.

We'd have to have some sort of certification program in place before we allowed this I would think, which poses problems all by itself... and then, too, we'd have to consider how the SmugMug Guarantee would work for someone who forced "True."

Food for thought.
    www.jessebradstreet.com
    "Don't loaf and invite inspiration,
    light out after it with a club."
    -Jack London