Lens Safety Precautions...

THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
edited June 21, 2006 in Cameras
I just had to post this! I was bored and decided to read my lens manual in detail. Felt pretty silly with a big smile on my face while sitting in Starbucks alone! :D

(As stated in the manual) Safety Precautions:

Whether it is attached to the camera or not, do not leave the lens under the sun without the lens cap attached. This is to prevent the lens from concentrating the sun's rays, which could cause a fire.
:lol4

Funny or just really bored!? :rofl
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    THE TOUCH wrote:
    (As stated in the manual) Safety Precautions:

Whether it is attached to the camera or not, do not leave the lens under the sun without the lens cap attached. This is to prevent the lens from concentrating the sun's rays, which could cause a fire. :lol4

Funny or just really bored!? rolleyes1.gif

I watched MythBusters start a fire with just a lump of ice shaped to a lens the other night. A very real possibility of a lens doing it in sun if it was sat on a bag etc & you became pre-occupied in something else as we photographers often do.
  • THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    gus wrote:
    I watched MythBusters start a fire with just a lump of ice shaped to a lens the other night. A very real possibility of a lens doing it in sun if it was sat on a bag etc & you became pre-occupied in something else as we photographers often do.

HAHA! I saw that one! I LOVE MYTHBUSTERS!!!!clap.gif
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    Re-reading manuals is always important and we always learn something... thumb.gif
    I believe in the fire caused by the lens at the sun... :):
    Accidents happen. :):
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook