Need New ideas

MrPeepers310MrPeepers310 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited June 22, 2006 in People
Ok first off this is my first thread and i realize im no where neer the ability of most of the photographers here, but i do really want some advice on my shots. Im just a college student doing photography as a hobby for my school newspaper.
I was shooting with my 18-55mm kit lense on my 20D so no the quality is not the best.
I'm working at this camp where the kids get to work with lego robotics and Im tired of always doing the same "worms eye" wide angle view. Any other ideas. These shots are what these kids will be doing for the next week and a half ne ideas or criticism? my whole album is http://MrPeepers.smugmug.com/gallery/1587915/1/76959961

76961230-M.jpg

76960938-M.jpg

76959961-M.jpg

Thanks a whole bunch!

Comments

• HallidayHalliday Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    Those are pretty good. They really show off the activity. For new shots, maybe get close. As close as your lens will focus :) Detail shots of the legos. Hands working on legos. Just thinking.
    www.lanceshuey.com

I won't sell out even if the whole world think's I'm crazy.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    I like the shots where the kids are closer to the floor and their robots. Perhaps you could persuade some to get down on their stomachs on the floor with the robot between you and the child and do some "eye level" shots. Would give you a chance to experiment with depth of field. Could provide some different shots. Of course, you need to be on your belly as well!!
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    Work on your framing, your depth of field and your focus.

What is the central subject in your shot? Learn how to frame it and get it in focus. Check out the rule of thirds.

Control your depth of field so that things are in focus when you need them to be.

Your third shot is your most effective. But they're all looking at something that's out of focus, it spoils the shot.

Think about keeping your shot as simple as possible - only include what needs to be there to tell your story.

Good luck!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 22, 2006
    welcome to the forum!-

some really nice shots and you've been given some great ideas-

keep shooting and posting-

best george
  • MrPeepers310MrPeepers310 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    Great Ideas!
    Thanks for the great ideas! It gives me alot to work with and hopefully the kids will work with me! haha they are around the ages of 8 to 11 so at that age camera compliance is not as it should be. Again thank you for the great ideas!