Need help

jetboylajetboyla Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited June 22, 2006 in Cameras
sorry for my ignorance, I have an opportunity to shoot some concerts, and i dont even have a camera. What would you recommend for camera and lens type? I know I am going to need a couple of lenses, and a quick camera. I have a descent budget, but would like to stay around $1500 for everything.

I am assuming a great zoom length is needed. Speed, reliability and quality is very important to me. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2006
    jetboyla wrote:
    sorry for my ignorance, I have an opportunity to shoot some concerts, and i dont even have a camera. What would you recommend for camera and lens type? I know I am going to need a couple of lenses, and a quick camera. I have a descent budget, but would like to stay around $1500 for everything.

I am assuming a great zoom length is needed. Speed, reliability and quality is very important to me. Thanks in advance!
    wave.gif welcome to Dgrin!

Can you tell us your experience level? What cameras have you owned and used? What sorts of concerts, what type of venue(s)? Will you be credentialed, or in the seats?

We can help!

22029725-L-1.jpg
  • jetboylajetboyla Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 22, 2006
    I will be crudentialed, but I am expected to roam and get audience interaction as well as the singers and bands. Mainly rock and R&B type shows inside medium to large sized venues.

I have used the Rebel series on the digital, and 35mm SLR levels, I have also used some of the Fuji cameras as an assistant on some shoots, but never owned anything but a 35mm Rebel G SLR w/ a standard 80MM lens.

I would say my experience is minimal, but familiar, and I am pretty good with technical things.

your help is much appreciated!