Problem Completing Transactions ?

georgivsgeorgivs Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited June 22, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I've just received an email from someone saying they're trying to buy something off my site, but when they try to proceed to the checkout their cart is empty.

Any suggestions as to what they might be doing wrong?
Regards,

George Cruickshank
www.fardistantshores.com - travel & art photography

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    georgivs wrote:
    I've just received an email from someone saying they're trying to buy something off my site, but when they try to proceed to the checkout their cart is empty.

Any suggestions as to what they might be doing wrong?
    Hi Goerge,

Are you giving them this url? www.fardistantshores.com b/c it's dead - not hitting anywhere, for me.

Also, if you are giving them your SmugMug address, these problems occur, very rarely, usually due to one of three things: 1) cookies are disabled, 2) they're using IE5.5, or they have javascript disabled.

In any case, we can help you with all of it. You can also ask your cusotmer to mail us directly, at help@smugmug.com and we'll sort them out :)

BTW, here's our help on Custom Host Name:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts

And many great links in the "pro tips" in my sig below.
  • georgivsgeorgivs Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    Hi Andy,

Not sure what's going on with my domain - it was working fine 5 minutes ago.

I'll take your advice and ask them to email help@smugmug.com

G :-)

Andy wrote:
    Hi Goerge,

Are you giving them this url? www.fardistantshores.com b/c it's dead - not hitting anywhere, for me.

Also, if you are giving them your SmugMug address, these problems occur, very rarely, usually due to one of three things: 1) cookies are disabled, 2) they're using IE5.5, or they have javascript disabled.

In any case, we can help you with all of it. You can also ask your cusotmer to mail us directly, at help@smugmug.com and we'll sort them out :)

BTW, here's our help on Custom Host Name:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts

And many great links in the "pro tips" in my sig below.
    Regards,

George Cruickshank
  • georgivsgeorgivs Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    Sheesh! I really should learn not to mis-type my own URL in my signature in future!
    Regards,

George Cruickshank
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    georgivs wrote:
    Sheesh! I really should learn not to mis-type my own URL in my signature in future!
    thumb.gif works great now lol3.gif