Da End Of Da Bros

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited June 25, 2006 in Holy Macro
Howdy friends!
On my way home from work tonight, there was this beautiful sunset - and as usuall I had my camera with me - aaand I really felt like shooting a little, instead of just hurry home. My way home from work doesn't really offer much to shoot, so I just pulled off from my route and drove through a industrial estate - but naaa... nothing of interest. So, in desperation I thought perhaps I could snap a few pics of my car against a nice sunset sky. So I stoped in the middle of the road and begun shooting - and it went on from that. When shooting, I felt that the pics were gonna end up a little dull - I mean - it's a Volvo V70, not a Lamborghini - so I figured I should try to add a little drama, to create a "scene" and this is what I ended up with.

Stay Tuned / Matty

77192568-O.jpg

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    Totally inspirational as always mate thumb.gif
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    Thank you! :): thumb.gif I felt a bit hesitant to post this pic, since pics like this oftenly ends up with a heated debate about guns and violence yada yada. I don't LIKE violence, but I can destinguish the difference between fiction and reality. I like action movies, and in the spirit of that, I created my own action scence. :):

Matty
    gus wrote:
    Totally inspirational as always mate thumb.gif
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    Add a little drama :D you did good mate. I've told you before i'm a fan of your photos. Still am thumb.gif
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    elfving73 wrote:
    I mean - it's a Volvo V70
    What an indignity!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    Very creative, Matty!
    If you don't mind my asking, how did you do the "cobweb' on the passenger door glass? Just borrowed it from some other image, or ne_nau.gif ?
    Thanks for sharing! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    elfving73 wrote:
    Howdy friends!
    On my way home from work tonight, there was this beautiful sunset - and as usuall I had my camera with me - aaand I really felt like shooting a little, instead of just hurry home. My way home from work doesn't really offer much to shoot, so I just pulled off from my route and drove through a industrial estate - but naaa... nothing of interest. So, in desperation I thought perhaps I could snap a few pics of my car against a nice sunset sky. So I stoped in the middle of the road and begun shooting - and it went on from that. When shooting, I felt that the pics were gonna end up a little dull - I mean - it's a Volvo V70, not a Lamborghini - so I figured I should try to add a little drama, to create a "scene" and this is what I ended up with.

Stay Tuned / Matty

77112118-Th.jpg

You are a wonderful visual storyteller, Elving! thumb.gif

I love your work.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    That is one fun shot, I admire your imagination.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    Fun. It's all about fun.
    Great story.clap.gif
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
    edited June 23, 2006
    Haha! Thanx Ivar! So nice to know that I'm having atleast 1 fan! mwink.gif

Matty
    ivar wrote:
    Add a little drama :D you did good mate. I've told you before i'm a fan of your photos. Still am thumb.gif
    edited June 23, 2006
    Haha! Yes, I know! :D Well, actually I love my car, suits my needs (when it comes to cars) just perfectly!

Matty
    What an indignity!
    edited June 23, 2006
    Thanx Nikolai! Haha! Well, I hardly know myself how I did it! Primarely, I draw lines with the brush tool and opacity. mwink.gif That was the pp procedure that took the most time.

Matty
    Nikolai wrote:
    If you don't mind my asking, how did you do the "cobweb' on the passenger door glass? Just borrowed it from some other image, or ne_nau.gif ?
    Thanks for sharing! thumb.gif
    edited June 23, 2006
    Thank you very much, Sid! :): thumb.gif
    wxwax wrote:
    You are a wonderful visual storyteller, Elving! thumb.gif

I love your work.
    edited June 23, 2006
    Thank you, marlof! :):
    marlof wrote:
    That is one fun shot, I admire your imagination.
    edited June 23, 2006
    Thank you, ultravox! thumb.gif
    ultravox wrote:
    Fun. It's all about fun.
    Great story.clap.gif
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 23, 2006
    what's all this fuss about violins on digital grin!?-

I happen to like violins!!

violence!?!

oh---never mind!-

still miss you gilda-

neat shot matty-
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2006
    elfving73 wrote:
    Howdy friends!

Stay Tuned / Matty

Bloody Volvo Drivers rolleyes1.gif I love those adds hehehehe
    Good shot Matty, I love the send up shot you did in a later thread too.
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin