Canon 20D warranty question.

fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
edited June 23, 2006 in Cameras
Hey all,

My mom just came over with her 20D. We just returned from vacation and one of my sister, trying to be helpful, decided to download the images off of the CF cards. When she switched from one CF card to the other she either placed the card in backwards or it was slightly askew. End result is that it appears two of the pins are now bent and it will not allow the CF card to seat properly. My mom received the camera as a gift for Christmas so I think it should still be under warranty. Does anybody know what the best course of action would be to get this fixed? I know it isn't defective or anything along those lines but I have heard great things about Canon's customer service.

Thanks!

Billy

Comments

• Bob BellBob Bell Registered Users Posts: 598 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2006
    Just take long narrow needle nose pliers and bent the pins straight and then bend then vericle, less movements the better and they are fragile. Shouldnt take very long :)
    Bob
    Phoenix, AZ
    Canon Bodies
    Canon and Zeiss Lenses
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    If you know which pin(s) are bent, then you can probably fix them as long as they aren't too far off. If you have no clue which ones are bent, then you would probably be better off sending it in. I'm not sure if that is covered under the warranty though.ne_nau.gif
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.