Bibble 4.8 released

Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
edited June 23, 2006 in Finishing School
Some notable changes, it can now do vignette control and apply the vignette to a cropped area. More robust B&W plugin with spot color control and CA / lens distortion improvements. And of course it works with Linux, Mac, and Windows.

http://www.bibblelabs.com/press/pr20060623.html
Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
"Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie

Comments

• dancorderdancorder Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    Hi Shay, thanks for the update. I just downloaded a trial of 4.7 yesterday (great timing!) to try it out. So far it seems pretty good but it seems to be missing a couple of features that I'd find useful, I wonder if I can slightly hi-jack this thread and ask if you've figured out how to work around them.

- Keywords: You can add them to a RAW file fairly easily and they survive the export to JPEG which is great, but I haven't found a way of applying the same keyword to multiple files at the same time.

- Ratings: RAW Shooter allows you to rate RAW files as you go through them. I've kind of got round this by setting up a work queue and putting files I want to convert into this queue but I wonder if there's a better and more permanent way (do work queues last forever? If so I guess that kind of solves it).

P.S. How's your Windows and Photoshop free workflow going? I have spare computer just waiting for an excuse to put Linux on it!
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    - Keywords: You can add them to a RAW file fairly easily and they survive the export to JPEG which is great, but I haven't found a way of applying the same keyword to multiple files at the same time.
    It sounds like you want to copy the IPTC settings (CTRL + 7) and then apply that to another image (CTRL + v).

- Ratings: RAW Shooter allows you to rate RAW files as you go through them. I've kind of got round this by setting up a work queue and putting files I want to convert into this queue but I wonder if there's a better and more permanent way (do work queues last forever? If so I guess that kind of solves it).
    I tag the images using the . key and untag them using the , key. That lets me sort them for my use. I have not used a rating system for them though, even in Bridge, I would only mark them green if I wanted to keep them.
    P.S. How's your Windows and Photoshop free workflow going? I have spare computer just waiting for an excuse to put Linux on it!
    It's coming along, I should have something to share soonish. I am waiting for one Linux app to release (the say it should be July 4) so some time after that if they really do release then.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • dancorderdancorder Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    Thanks for the help.

It's a shame about the keywords, I've got used to Picasa and this seems like a step backwards but it's better than nothing I guess (keywords set on the RAW files in Picasa aren't picked up by Bibble either...).

Tagging images will probably do what I want so that's good and I think overall Bibble has the potential to speed up my workflow by quite a bit which has to be good :D