Rollerblading Edits

ErikAllasErikAllas Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited June 27, 2006 in Sports
I got a chance to shoot some skating at a local skatepark. I was really fond of this photo, but it was shot at 3200 ISO. I noise ninja'd the hell out of it but I thought the grains would look better in B&W. I figured I'd get practice with the clone tool and rid the background of the lurkers.

Here is the before and after's.

Before:
75500890-L.jpg

After:
77184439-L.jpg

Whatcha'll think?

Comments

• adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    It's a good conversion although I don't think you really needed to clone out the other people - I think they give the scene a bit more activity.
    ErikAllas wrote:
    I got a chance to shoot some skating at a local skatepark. I was really fond of this photo, but it was shot at 3200 ISO. I noise ninja'd the hell out of it but I thought the grains would look better in B&W. I figured I'd get practice with the clone tool and rid the background of the lurkers.

Whatcha'll think?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    ErikAllas wrote:
    Whatcha'll think?

Why such a high ISO with the use of flash...if I might askne_nau.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • ErikAllasErikAllas Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    Why such a high ISO with the use of flash...if I might askne_nau.gif

I just figured it would bring the rider out of the background more.
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    ErikAllas wrote:
    I just figured it would bring the rider out of the background more.

What flash did you use?ne_nau.gif I wouldn't use a high ISO like that with flash. It looked like you had some lights, so if bringing the rider out of the background was your goal, I would have tried second curtain sync, with some motion blur. Or...set my 550EX on highspeed sync (using nothing higher than ISO 400) stop the action. A 20D, when used with E-TTL flash can, be set on manual (1/250 @ 8) to give you some good results as well. Just some thoughts....mainly mine.:D
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • ErikAllasErikAllas Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    What flash did you use?ne_nau.gif I wouldn't use a high ISO like that with flash. It looked like you had some lights, so if bringing the rider out of the background was your goal, I would have tried second curtain sync, with some motion blur. Or...set my 550EX on highspeed sync (using nothing higher than ISO 400) stop the action. A 20D, when used with E-TTL flash can, be set on manual (1/250 @ 8) to give you some good results as well. Just some thoughts....mainly mine.:D

Thanks I appreciate it! I don't have money yet for an off camera flash so I just used the stock pop up that came on my 20D. I'll keep all that in mind when I'm ready to purchase a flash!