Still processing?

I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
edited June 24, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I just uploaded 55 pics, or at least I thought I did!

No errors from the uploader but only 13 image placememnts show on the gallery and each says 'processing image'

That was an hour ago or so:dunno

http://digital-finger.smugmug.com/gallery/1589085
Veni-Vidi-Snappii
...pics..

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    Simon King wrote:
    I just uploaded 55 pics, or at least I thought I did!

No errors from the uploader but only 13 image placememnts show on the gallery and each says 'processing image'

That was an hour ago or sone_nau.gif

http://digital-finger.smugmug.com/gallery/1589085

Hi Simon,

What uploader, and what sorts of files were you uploading? I suspect that you'll need to repload, there was an error in the comms or something. Our queue is nearly empty, and I just uploaded a bunch of photos and they processed immediately.
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Simon,

What uploader, and what sorts of files were you uploading? I suspect that you'll need to repload, there was an error in the comms or something. Our queue is nearly empty, and I just uploaded a bunch of photos and they processed immediately.

-mac uploader (latest version)
    -jpegs

Im trying again, don't know what you mean by an error in the comms
    Uploader appeared to upload 55files. 13 placements with 'processing image' appeared on the gallery

Uploader currenlt says it has uploaded 8 of the files Im trying again with BUT there are only the same 13 'processingimage' thumbs in the gallery ( same as linked in previous post)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    Simon King wrote:
    -mac uploader
    -jpegs

Im trying again, don't know what you mean by an error in the comms
    Uploader appeared to upload 55files. 13 placements with 'processing image' appeared on the gallery

Uploader currenlt says it has uploaded 8 of the files Im trying again with BUT there are only the same 13 'processingimage' thumbs in the gallery ( same as linked in previous post)

Which mac uploader, v1 or v2? Thanks.
    edited June 23, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Which mac uploader, v1 or v2? Thanks.

..latest = v2

Just checked - the uploader says it has uploaded 38 of 55 files but none show in the gallery (yes I have checked it is uploading to the one Im looking at;-)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • costantinidiscostantinidis Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    I am having trouble with uploads as well. About 20% of my photos become "Processing Image"'s. I contacted support and got this quick reply late yesterday:
    Looks like we may be having some technical problems that could causing this problem. Our engineers are looking in the situation. I will let you know what they find out.
  • Techman1Techman1 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    Mine still shows processing also. It only shows 13 thumbnails out of about 400 photos. I've submitted an email request for help with the Smugmug helpdesk so hopefully they will have this sorted out soon. It took over 4 hours to upload all of these and I hope I don't have to do that again.

I uploaded these last night and thought they would all be processed by this morning, but no new status at this point. I've got more to upload, but I don't want to start them until this get resolved.

If anyone has any update, thanks in advance!

Fred
  • onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    Techman1 wrote:
    Mine still shows processing also. It only shows 13 thumbnails out of about 400 photos. I've submitted an email request for help with the Smugmug helpdesk so hopefully they will have this sorted out soon. It took over 4 hours to upload all of these and I hope I don't have to do that again.

I uploaded these last night and thought they would all be processed by this morning, but no new status at this point. I've got more to upload, but I don't want to start them until this get resolved.

If anyone has any update, thanks in advance!

Fred

We had a small percentage of uploads break last night during a software rollout.

I'm afraid you caught it during our problem window. :(

The problem was found and eliminated late last night, but not before some images weren't able to process properly. We're going through and unsticking them now, but you'll have to re-upload those images.

You can find the filenames for them in your upload log if that helps you find just the few that didn't make it.

Sorry about that!

Don
    edited June 23, 2006
    Don,

So in my case are you saying that I have to re-upload all the 378 (-13) files that I uploaded last night? The log only showed about 10 files that needed to be reloaded due to errors and I did those last night.

All my other files appeared to have uploaded okay, but they are not processing the thumbnails.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Fred
  • onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    Techman1 wrote:
    Don,

So in my case are you saying that I have to re-upload all the 378 (-13) files that I uploaded last night? The log only showed about 10 files that needed to be reloaded due to errors and I did those last night.

All my other files appeared to have uploaded okay, but they are not processing the thumbnails.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Fred

I'm so sorry, I really wish I had better news. :(

I'm afraid the answer is yes, you have to re-upload them.

The teeny tiny bit of silver lining is that your uploads should go faster now.

Don
    edited June 23, 2006
    Fair enough Don! Thanks for the information and the "Silver Lining". I'll get them going again.

Take care,
    Fred
  • MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    I guess I'm...
    one of the *lucky* ones...

I *only* have to re-upload 61 shots rolleyes1.gif

Suggestion:

Post a warning that you are doing a "software rollout" on the uploader page. That way we can choose whether to upload at that time or not.
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
    edited June 24, 2006
    Mongrel wrote:
    one of the *lucky* ones...

I *only* have to re-upload 61 shots rolleyes1.gif

Suggestion:

Post a warning that you are doing a "software rollout" on the uploader page. That way we can choose whether to upload at that time or not.

seems to be fixedthumb.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..