Ordering issues

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited June 27, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I had a customer contact me asking how to buy photos. They asked if they had to join smugmug or something to be able to buy them. I responded telling them how to buy, all about the power of the shopping cart, and that the reason I have a referral link isn't that you have to join to buy photos, but that if someone else wants to making a photo website it will save them $5 and save me $10, which in turn reduces my overhead and lowers my prices....anywho, the person responded they tried adding to cart but it didn't work so they thought that maybe they have to join to buy.

I asked them to check their cookie settings, haven't heard back yet, but here's the kicker: the person is in the website tech support business, so I feel like it might not be something so simple. Any other ideas?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    I had a customer contact me asking how to buy photos. They asked if they had to join smugmug or something to be able to buy them. I responded telling them how to buy, all about the power of the shopping cart, and that the reason I have a referral link isn't that you have to join to buy photos, but that if someone else wants to making a photo website it will save them $5 and save me $10, which in turn reduces my overhead and lowers my prices....anywho, the person responded they tried adding to cart but it didn't work so they thought that maybe they have to join to buy.

I asked them to check their cookie settings, haven't heard back yet, but here's the kicker: the person is in the website tech support business, so I feel like it might not be something so simple. Any other ideas?
    Yes. What browser are they using. It's most certainly a cookie or non-supported browser, that's 99% of the time the problem.
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Yes. What browser are they using. It's most certainly a cookie or non-supported browser, that's 99% of the time the problem.

That's what I figured too. I mentioned to the person that it's not yet IE 7.0 compatible; I figure they might be on IE 7.0 if they work in the web busines.
    edited June 27, 2006
    The person noted that they're on a mac. Does this give any hints?
    edited June 27, 2006
    Customer decided they rather just give me a check...still covered by smugmug guarantee, right? Even if they aren't I'll be covering them, but I just wanted to check.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    Customer decided they rather just give me a check...still covered by smugmug guarantee, right? Even if they aren't I'll be covering them, but I just wanted to check.
    The guarantee is for orders. Doesn't matter if you order them or your customer orders them thumb.gif
  • onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    The person noted that they're on a mac. Does this give any hints?

If they're on OS9 using IE, they're outta luck. Even Microsoft has discontinued support for IE on Mac OS long ago.

Otherwise, if they're using Safari or Firefox on Mac OS X, they should be golden.

Don