Options

Stormy sunset on the ocean . . .

PeterPeter Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
edited November 11, 2004 in Wildlife
Hi gang . . . Took these photos while visiting Santa Barbara. The sail boats were way off in the distance so instead of using my digital camera I switched to film with zoom. There were storm clouds hanging around the bay all day. Made for a nice sunset when the sun did manage to break through.

11143510-L.jpg

11143282-L.jpg

Peter

Comments

• Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2004
    Beautiful shots, Peter...
    Peter wrote:
    Hi gang . . . Took these photos while visiting Santa Barbara. The sail boats were way off in the distance so instead of using my digital camera I switched to film with zoom. There were storm clouds hanging around the bay all day. Made for a nice sunset when the sun did manage to break through.

11143510-S.jpg

11143282-S.jpg

Peter

I love the way the water sparkles like stars in the first one and I love the smooth glossy look of the water in the second one. Nice work. clap.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2004
    good gosh, those are nice!

I like the frames, too.

Why did you switch to film because the sailboats were off in a distance? See this tee tiny boat, I didn't even think to notice that I was shooting in the bright sun at 1600 ISO. I was trying to get the effect of the waves breaking, I actually ended up liking this shot. I have another one where the boat is a bit bigger, but why was film better for boats on the horizon?

10919925-S.jpg

(I love those clouds in your photos. We were having afternoon spring "showers" like that when I first joined dgrin, I was thinking the other day how much I missed them photographically.)
    ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2004
    the water in the first one looks like shiny stainless steal! or moulten metal. beautiful.
    love it. nice frames too .... clap.gifthumb.gif

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    PeterPeter Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2004
    Thanks for all your comments . . . so interesting to read what other's think :-)

To answer ginger's question . . . the only reason I used the film camera is because it had a telephoto . . .

One of these days will be picking up a good digital SLR! Yup, one of these days.

take care

Peter
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2004
    Beautiful shots Peter! Again mwink.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts