Violet Darters -today's catch

DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
edited June 25, 2006 in Holy Macro
Here are the better shots that I took today. Canon 20D + 100mm macro lens. Minimal post processing and no cropping...

77249914-M.jpg

77253188-M.jpg

77253394-M.jpg

77256046-M.jpg

For more images see my gallery: http://dalantech.smugmug.com/gallery/1590111/1

C&C welcome!
My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.

Comments

• DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2006
    Another shot, but this one is perched on the ground -that's where I find most of them. I took this one a while back -I quit shooting single dragons on the ground cause I like the compositions better when they are on plants. As always: Minimal post processing and no cropping. These guys are about 2 1/2" long...

74025245-M.jpg
    My SmugMug Gallery

• THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2006
    I like #2 & #4!

Great shots - I gotta get that lens!thumb.gif
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
    edited June 24, 2006
    THE TOUCH wrote:
    I like #2 & #4!

Great shots - I gotta get that lens!thumb.gif

Thanks! You could get those shots with just about any lens -the trick is to find a dragon that's feeling a little territorial and then just take your time getting close. If it flies off then freeze for a few seconds -it will probably come right back to the same spot that it left...
    My SmugMug Gallery

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2006
    Dalantech wrote:
    Here are the better shots that I took today. Canon 20D + 100mm macro lens. Minimal post processing and no cropping...

For more images see my gallery: http://dalantech.smugmug.com/gallery/1590111/1

C&C welcome!

I've only ever seen those red dragonflies when I've been in USA, they are really quite an amazing colour aren't they.

Hopefully now that my computer has decided it wants to work I will be able to get my editing programs back on it this week and post a dragonfly that I took in UTAH.... thanks for sharing....... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited June 25, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    I've only ever seen those red dragonflies when I've been in USA, they are really quite an amazing colour aren't they.

Hopefully now that my computer has decided it wants to work I will be able to get my editing programs back on it this week and post a dragonfly that I took in UTAH.... thanks for sharing....... Skippy (Australia)

Thanks Skippy! Looking forward to seeing your dragons!

Violet Darters originated in Africa and have migrated into Europe and India. What you saw in the States was different than what I'm shooting here.
    My SmugMug Gallery