restoring skintones after lab color curves..

annacarinaannacarina Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited June 23, 2006 in Finishing School
hi.- im wondering if someone could show /tell me how to restore skintones after using lab curves for saturation or show me a good thread/site for it. When improving colors with lab curves i kind of mis a layer mak to paint back some of the "original" colors. Ex if i want a red wall behind a child to be more saturatet (red) but still want to keep skintones intakt - how do i do that in lab mode. Thanks in advance anna

Comments

• edgeworkedgework Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    annacarina wrote:
    hi.- im wondering if someone could show /tell me how to restore skintones after using lab curves for saturation or show me a good thread/site for it. When improving colors with lab curves i kind of mis a layer mak to paint back some of the "original" colors. Ex if i want a red wall behind a child to be more saturatet (red) but still want to keep skintones intakt - how do i do that in lab mode. Thanks in advance anna

I think you pretty much pegged it. If the curve is cooking your skin, but doing good things to the rest of the image, mask the skin in the curve's layer mask.
    There are two ways to slide through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both save us from thinking.
    —Korzybski
  • annacarinaannacarina Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited June 23, 2006
    edgework wrote:
    I think you pretty much pegged it. If the curve is cooking your skin, but doing good things to the rest of the image, mask the skin in the curve's layer mask.
    thanks but i dont know how to make a layer mask in lab mode when used cuves on the a b, and l channel - can you explain me that. annac
  • annacarinaannacarina Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited June 23, 2006
    annacarina wrote:
    thanks but i dont know how to make a layer mask in lab mode when used cuves on the a b, and l channel - can you explain me that. annac

i think i got it now - didnt know that it was possible using adjustments layers or for that matter quick mask i lab mode. Seems like i had do it a bit more difficult than it really was. thanks a gain