Poster, montage, collage help please

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited June 24, 2006 in Finishing School
A customer writes:
> Andy
> Here is my work flow in CS2...
> 1. I creat a new file (file>new) and set prameters Width (18), Height
> (12), Resolution (300), color mode to RGB, background white.
> 2. I open images (file>open) that I am going to manipulate into the
> new file
> 3. I I use the magnetic lasso and drag object into new file note I use
> images straight out of the camera and do not crop or touch them up
> prior to draging them to new file.
> 4. Here is a sample of one of the collages I am making for some
> baseball teams
>
>
> http://shootingstars.smugmug.com/gallery/1591343
>
> Any help is much appreciated... I have several collage orders and I am
> stumped

So, you collagers, your best advice please? :ear

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 23, 2006
    andy-

your customer has informed me that he believes he has his problem solved-

george
  • XtopherousXtopherous Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2006
    I don't see a specific question, so I'm guessing this person is just looking for tips. The thing that most sticks out for me right away would be the choppy picture masks. Instead of using the lasso tool, I would use the pen tool and then convert that to a selection using feathering to smooth out the mask (if needed). There are a bunch of different ways to do image cut-outs, but that is my preferred method. Other possible choice(s) would be using the magic and/or background eraser tools, if the background is quite different from the desired image, or the quick mask tool.
  • firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2006
    When I do collages...I love overlapping pictures and tweaking the opacity and then erasing the edges to make everything seamlessly blend in. That way you aren't just putting cropped photos next to each other. It also seems

creating stamps from pictures with contrast boosted to the max also might add a cool effect.

Here are some I've done a while ago....I know there are some copyright issues here...so if you need me to Andy...I can pull them. They were made when I was messing around with photoshop for personal use as a desktop wallpaper. The DMB one I did in collage and the X-Files one I did during some spare time. I have yet to actually mess around with some recent photos...but maybe this might spark some ideas.

X_Files_for_life.jpg

dmb_wallpaper.jpg

I think that's along the lines of what they are asking? If not...whoops.headscratch.gif