Sing and Dance, anyone?

Lord Barthok SocLord Barthok Soc Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited June 24, 2006 in People
Candid photos are always the best :ear

Click for EXIF and please please please (please!) feel free to crit, curse and condemn me.

singcopy1dp.jpgdancecopy7tk.jpg
:uhoh

Comments

• JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2006
    Candids are sometimes the best...sometimes. I would prefer the eyes open in the first one, and I would like to be able to see the face in the second. They both seem a bit soft or OOF to me as well. Your border color bleeds into your second picture too. You need to use a duplicate image so the color doesn't bleed...I'm sure there is a thread on that somewhere, but it does look like it worked in the first one.

Keep shooting!:D
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Lord Barthok SocLord Barthok Soc Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    Candids are sometimes the best...sometimes.
    Yeah, I know rolleyes1.gif I get carried away sometimes.... sometimes.
    Jeffro wrote:
    I would prefer the eyes open in the first one, and I would like to be able to see the face in the second
    Were I going for portraits, I would agree. Just happened to catch these, wasn't particularly trying, and with a bit of imagination (okay, okay, a whole lotta overactive imagination) my thinking went something like this: "Hey, she looks like she's in the middle of a passionate singing performance, holding a mic....hey, she looks like a dancer in top hat holding a cane in that classic pose...." I found this all terribly amusing. For the future, I should probably try to get more shots, so I can get things like open eyes. And be more observant, to get better poses.
    Jeffro wrote:
    They both seem a bit soft or OOF
    I think they are. Good point. Serves me right for taking photos of something else and trying to pass off bits of the background as pictures. Plus I'm still learning the camera... (Excuses, excuses....)
    Jeffro wrote:
    Your border color bleeds into your second picture too
    ARGH!! Cripes! Can't believe I didn't notice that...:thwakyelrotflmao.gif11doh.gifhang
    Jeffro wrote:
    Keep shooting!
    Make me. :tonigdr7dp.gif

EDIT: BTW, thanks for the comments! I appreciate it greatly, even if I do try to explain and excuse my way out of things. I just like to try and give a (terrifying) insight into why the heck I did things. Apparently helps people criticise further, so, yeah. We learn from our mistakes. Hopefully.
  • blessedmama21blessedmama21 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2006
    "Hey, she looks like she's in the middle of a passionate singing performance, holding a mic....

a crop might help. :):
  • Lord Barthok SocLord Barthok Soc Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2006
    a crop might help. :):

You mean close up on the face and hands?