Sony help anyone?

SpiderJohn23SpiderJohn23 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited June 28, 2006 in Cameras
I know a lot of you guys and gals are old school Sony people and I have a problem with my 717 and was hoping someone could help.

Camera is around 4 years old with less than 5000 pictures taken. I treat it like my baby.

The symptoms are no image on either the LCD or the Viewfinder. Like I have the lens cap still on. (Yes, I took the lens cap off!!)

The LCD works when reviewing images and all of the indicators appear to be working.

I have tried nightshot, night framing and normal. Flash and no flash. Tried a different memory stick and I'm sure some more stuff that I can't remember right now. I even used the reset button.

I haven't used the camera in about 5 weeks but it was working great then. Battery is fully charged.

Can anyone help me?

I am really hoping that I am just being an idiot and missing something. A new camera, while I would love it, would really stretch the budget right now.

sj

Comments

• harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2006
    Spider

Is there anyway you can do a factory reset on the camera ? If you can that may fix the problem.

Cheers

HarjTT

:Dthumb.gif
  • LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    I know a lot of you guys and gals are old school Sony people and I have a problem with my 717 and was hoping someone could help.

Camera is around 4 years old with less than 5000 pictures taken. I treat it like my baby.

The symptoms are no image on either the LCD or the Viewfinder. Like I have the lens cap still on. (Yes, I took the lens cap off!!)

The LCD works when reviewing images and all of the indicators appear to be working.

I have tried nightshot, night framing and normal. Flash and no flash. Tried a different memory stick and I'm sure some more stuff that I can't remember right now. I even used the reset button.

I haven't used the camera in about 5 weeks but it was working great then. Battery is fully charged.

Can anyone help me?

I am really hoping that I am just being an idiot and missing something. A new camera, while I would love it, would really stretch the budget right now.

sj

put it in video mode... and let me know if you get an image...

you may possibly be having an issue like I have... and it's a recall from Sony, so you could get it fixed for free :)

Steven
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    try dpreview if Steven's suggestion doesn't come off. They're probably the most knowledgable Sony folks.
    LiquidOps wrote:
    put it in video mode... and let me know if you get an image...

you may possibly be having an issue like I have... and it's a recall from Sony, so you could get it fixed for free :)

Steven
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....