Rearrange only a subcategory?

marieboyermarieboyer Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
edited August 3, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I apologize but I could not find the answer to this one, despite the wonderful new "help" section. Really nice improvements in there!

My subcategory has the galleries out of order. There are three of them and I want to put them in the correct order. (I probably created them out of order.) How to move just the display of the galleries on that subcategory page?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2006
    marieboyer wrote:
    I apologize but I could not find the answer to this one, despite the wonderful new "help" section. Really nice improvements in there!

My subcategory has the galleries out of order. There are three of them and I want to put them in the correct order. (I probably created them out of order.) How to move just the display of the galleries on that subcategory page?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Marie,

If you want to arrange just the subcats in one category, go the the page showing those subcategories, and then click on the "arrange" link near the top-left of the page.

Hope that helps.
  • marieboyermarieboyer Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2006
    Thanks Ivar. I do not see an "arrange" link near the left-top of that page. (I see one within the individual galleries.) However, my galleries are suddenly appearing in the correct order now. I did nothing to change the order other than move some photos around.

Still curious how to do this if I ever run into this again.
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Marie,

If you want to arrange just the subcats in one category, go the the page showing those subcategories, and then click on the "arrange" link near the top-left of the page.

Hope that helps.
    edited June 25, 2006
    It should work i think, this is the one i was referring to:
    edited June 25, 2006
    I cannot thank you enough for sticking with me. I feel so thick. I went into my control panel to subcategories and do not see it. Can you tell me how I get to that page? Baby steps? Sorry for my thickness! Thanks for your patience and help.
    ivar wrote:
    It should work i think, this is the one i was referring to:
    edited June 25, 2006
    marieboyer wrote:
    I cannot thank you enough for sticking with me. I feel so thick. I went into my control panel to subcategories and do not see it. Can you tell me how I get to that page? Baby steps? Sorry for my thickness! Thanks for your patience and help.
    Don't worry :D we'll get you there.

First of all, make sure you are logged in
    then browse as normal by clicking your categories to the
    page with the subcategories you want to change.
    On that page itself, you should be able to find the "arrange" link.

Let me know how that works out for you thumb.gif
    edited June 25, 2006
    Well, my site appears to be in some sort of crash mode at the moment, as none of my galleries are showing, not even my homepage photo.
    ivar wrote:
    Don't worry :D we'll get you there.

First of all, make sure you are logged in
    then browse as normal by clicking your categories to the
    page with the subcategories you want to change.
    On that page itself, you should be able to find the "arrange" link.

Let me know how that works out for you thumb.gif
    edited June 25, 2006
    marieboyer wrote:
    Well, my site appears to be in some sort of crash mode at the moment, as none of my galleries are showing, not even my homepage photo.
    Try it again? i seem to be able to get to it just fine...
    edited June 25, 2006
    Ivar:
    I have my site up and running in IE. I still have no "arrange" tool on the subcategory page? Maybe if I could do a screenshot, I could show you. But it is not there anywhere on my page.
    ivar wrote:
    Try it again? i seem to be able to get to it just fine...
  • DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2006
    You might have to change back to the basic Smugmug classic for it to show up. Some of the themes turn it off.

Dna
    marieboyer wrote:
    Ivar:
    I have my site up and running in IE. I still have no "arrange" tool on the subcategory page? Maybe if I could do a screenshot, I could show you. But it is not there anywhere on my page.
    edited June 25, 2006
    I tried that and it still does not show up. I hope there is some fix out there! But I am patient. I love Smugmug!
    Dna wrote:
    You might have to change back to the basic Smugmug classic for it to show up. Some of the themes turn it off.

Dna
  • FrankCFrankC Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2006
    Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Have tried a number of different themes, but still cannot see the 'arrange' link (see below).

Any more ideas ?

Thanks,

FrankC

85607594-S.jpg
  • onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2006
    marieboyer wrote:
    Ivar:

You probably have to set your galleries to order by position rather than most recent. Check your homepage.

Don
  • FrankCFrankC Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2006
    Thanks for that - it now works for me.

I have to say this is related to the thing I find the most confusing and negative about SmugMug :

It's great that there are lots of customisations and options. However, I find that many of them are a 'little' non-intuitive and inconsistent. Finding out about them - in a single place - is also virtually impossible.

Anyway - thanks once more for the assistance.

Frank.
    edited August 3, 2006
    Okay, I just saw OneThumb's suggestion (immediately above your post). Somehow I missed that! He is exactly right! That did it! Yippee!
    FrankC wrote:
    Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Have tried a number of different themes, but still cannot see the 'arrange' link (see below).

Any more ideas ?

Thanks,

FrankC

85607594-S.jpg