Boris, "The Shoe Guy"

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited June 27, 2006 in People
this is boris, he owns this little custom sneaker shop in st marks place in new york city. i met boris a while ago when i wanted my converse (chucks) custom painted teal blue. the prices are very reasonable and i got my shoes done in under an hour. boris is an awesome guy and i always stop by his hole in the wall shop just to say hi. this time i had my camera and he let me snap off a couple pictures of him. he said he'd give me a discount if i gave him a print, which made me very excited.

this is one of my favorite pictures i've taken and i really want to know what you think of it.

76557727-L.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited June 25, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    this is one of my favorite pictures i've taken and i really want to know what you think of it.

I like this one a lot. thumb.gif The setting and the pose are wonderful. My only complaint is that I would have liked to see less shadow on the face. Maybe that would have broken the mood, ne_nau.gif. Great shot nevertheless.

Regards,
  • BakatBakat Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2006
    This is one of the coolest urban pictures I've seen in a while! I too wish there was a tad more light on his face, but the shot is a lot of fun! All those shoes!

Thanks for sharing this one!
    Kat
    "Photography is not a sport. It has no rules"
    Bill Brandt
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2006
    This is a great environmental portait!!! Really love the gritty atmosphere with all the shoes, even the glaring, hanging lamp (which does cast shadows on his face like Richard mentioned). I like his relaxed pose, which makes him look like a nice guy and I like that you are making eye contact with him. thumb.gif
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    thank you very much, i really appreciate the comments. i think i like the shadow on his face, makes it more mysterious perhaps.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    Where you been?? lol3.gif

Love Boris, nice job.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    thanks andy

i've been extremely busy, i was living in manhattan for three weeks while working in brooklyn. now i'm back on long island and working during the week and doing some weekend weddings. you should be seeing a new model shoot from me in a few days (if not a few hours)
  • blessedmama21blessedmama21 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    Boris rocks. Good shot :)