My smugmug has crashed.

marieboyermarieboyer Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
edited June 26, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Here's what it looks like:
http://marieboyer.smugmug.com/

Is the site having problems? Otherwise my computer is working beautifully, and internet is perfectly functional.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2006
    marieboyer wrote:

Is the site having problems? Otherwise my computer is working beautifully, and internet if functional.
    Try it again Marie? i seem to be able to get there just fine. Restart IE if it still doesn't work.
  • marieboyermarieboyer Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2006
    Ivar:
    It is Firefox. I restarted, rebooted, and Firefox still shows up empty. So, I used IE and everything is working great. Thanks for your help. I am off to run cccleaner which will hopefully clean out the Firefox cache.
    ivar wrote:
    Try it again Marie? i seem to be able to get there just fine. Restart IE if it still doesn't work.
    edited June 25, 2006
    Well, I cleaned out the cache but Firefox still seems corrupted. Maybe I should post this on a Firefox help forum. Sorry to bother you. Thanks for your help, though.
    marieboyer wrote:
    Ivar:
    It is Firefox. I restarted, rebooted, and Firefox still shows up empty. So, I used IE and everything is working great. Thanks for your help. I am off to run cccleaner which will hopefully clean out the Firefox cache.
    edited June 25, 2006
    marieboyer wrote:
    Well, I cleaned out the cache but Firefox still seems corrupted. Maybe I should post this on a Firefox help forum. Sorry to bother you. Thanks for your help, though.
    Your not bothering me, *i* am answering *you*, remember?

Clear your cookies too, see if that works. It might sometimes, you never know. I have checked your site in 4 different browsers and it looks fine in all 4, so i guess it's just your FF which is acting up a bit
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 25, 2006
    marieboyer wrote:

Is the site having problems? Otherwise my computer is working beautifully, and internet is perfectly functional.

You had me worried too. I'm all alone at the office today and I went around checking your site on various computers. It shows up fine on all of them.

ne_nau.gif
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited June 25, 2006
    IE works just fine. It is certainly not smugmug! I feel badly I even posted something about it crashing.
    Sheaf wrote:
    You had me worried too. I'm all alone at the office today and I went around checking your site on various computers. It shows up fine on all of them.

ne_nau.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2006
    marieboyer wrote:
    IE works just fine. It is certainly not smugmug! I feel badly I even posted something about it crashing.
    Marie,

Shift-refresh in Firefox. All should be well.

Let us know.
    edited June 26, 2006
    Hi Andy!

I tried that and it did not help. I went to the Firefox support forum and psoted my question. Usually they are very helpful over there, but so far no replies. I will definitely let you know when I come up with the fix. In the meantime, I am using IE just for Smugmug, and it works fine.
    Andy wrote:
    Marie,

Shift-refresh in Firefox. All should be well.

Let us know.
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 26, 2006
    marieboyer wrote:
    Hi Andy!

I tried that and it did not help. I went to the Firefox support forum and psoted my question. Usually they are very helpful over there, but so far no replies. I will definitely let you know when I come up with the fix. In the meantime, I am using IE just for Smugmug, and it works fine.
    in windows it's ctrl-refresh ... not shift-refresh. give that a shot
    Pedal faster
    edited June 26, 2006
    Wow, this is the nicest forum on planet earth. Thanks for your help. That did not work either. I do want my Firefox back, but I may have to unload my extensions. I am wondering if one of my extensions is corrupted.

I will definitely report back here as soon as I find the cure.
    bigwebguy wrote:
    edited June 26, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    Both kinda work. It's shift-reloadbutton, or ctrl-F5/ctrl-shift-R.
    edited June 26, 2006
    Tried every single one and nothing. By "reload button" (same as "refresh"?), Ihave been using the one with the swirling arrows? The ctrl/F5 gave me some hope because that one took a while to finish loading, but alas, nothing when it finally appeared.
    ivar wrote:
    edited June 26, 2006
    marieboyer wrote:
    Tried every single one and nothing. By "reload button" (same as "refresh"?), Ihave been using the one with the swirling arrows?
    nod.gif yes that is the one.... I have a feeling something else is up besides your cache/cookies... maybe it's one of the extensions, i don't know. I can't really do alot for you from here i'm afraid, sorry.
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 26, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    huh, go figure. that doesnt make much sense.
    Pedal faster
    edited June 26, 2006
    Alright, someone on Firefox forum suggested I check my tools-options-load images-and exceptions to make sure that smugmug was listed as an allowed website to load images. It was listed as "blocked" and I have no idea how that happened. Seems like it is fine for the moment, and is loading via Firefox again.

Thanks for all your help guys!
    bigwebguy wrote:
    huh, go figure. that doesnt make much sense.