Can't Up Load to my smugmug

ppugappuga Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
edited June 26, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I'm trying to upload a new gallery to my site and I have try several times during today but no photos appear on it.

I went to the LOG on the CONTROL PANEL and in the log appears this:

n/a 1x1-gray.gif Error 1x1-gray.gif 2006-06-25 04:55:41 1x1-gray.gif n/a 1x1-gray.gif n/a 1x1-gray.gif SmugMug internal error : no bytes received

what can I do???

PLEASE HELP.:dunno

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2006
    ppuga wrote:
    what can I do???

PLEASE HELP.ne_nau.gif
    Hi ppuga,

A few questions:

1) what gallery are you uploading to? (link pls..)
    2) what uploader?
    3) what browser and system are you on?
    4) what types of files were you uploading, their size, and dimensions?
  • ppugappuga Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi ppuga,

A few questions:

1) what gallery are you uploading to? (link pls..)
    2) what uploader?
    3) what browser and system are you on?
    4) what types of files were you uploading, their size, and dimensions?

Andy

Thanks!

I was uploading to: http://www.pablopuga.com/gallery/1600329
    I was using the SMUGMUG UPLOADER for MAC users, the latest version, downladed last week.
    I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.4 on MAC OS X 10.4.6
    My files are .jpg, that I just resized to 1000px on the largest size, file size aprox 500kb for a fast up load, they are the same size, same camera, and similar names that all the other files in my site.

Last week with the other version of the UPLOADER I wasn't having any trouble.

Today, when I try to upload my files, I put them to upload, and when they finish they wasn't on my site. In the log they are all marked with a Smugmug Internal Error.

After trying another time, of uploading just 1 image and the same, and with different galleries. Actually I try to make a new gallery from the UPLOADER and it work perfectly to do it. But the photo wasn't uploaded.

I write this post, and mail help at smugmug...

After trying different things and having some mails from Mark, I found that the problem was in my files, actually, not my files. The new UPLOADER.

my file names, always have been:

IMG_1234-L©.jpg

so I can recognize the files that I have put some © mark on them.

I haven't had any problem uploading them till today, with the new SMUGMUG UPLOADER.

I can upload this files with the DRAG & DROP without any problem.

But with the uploader doesn;t work.

I try with another file, who curiosly doesn't have the © in the name, and it upload perfectly.

So I remove the © with the files I wanted to upload and they worked fine.

Conclusion, the NEW SMUGMUG UPLOADER for mac, doesn't accept files with © on the name, and this is a thing I used a lot for differenciate my files. I will look for the old installer I think, or mark my files in a different way.

Mark told me he was going to tell this to the engineers for the next version.

hope this helps to anyone that has the same problem, I don't think I'm the only one marking his files with © hehe

thumb.gif