Probably a stupid question ....

Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
edited June 26, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I would love to create a gallery in my smugmug site to put a couple of examples of the graphic design work I've done, but the files are done in Microsoft Publisher. As far as I know I can only up load jpeg and tiff files?

Does anyone know a way around this? I can't get publisher to save in either jpeg or tiff, and I can't convert it with any other program either (or at least I can't work out how)

Am I attempting the impossible? Any other solutions known?

Any help gratefully accepted ....

Canon EOS 30D
Sigma 10-20
Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
Canon 18-55
Canon 50 f1.8
Canon 430EX

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    I would love to create a gallery in my smugmug site to put a couple of examples of the graphic design work I've done, but the files are done in Microsoft Publisher. As far as I know I can only up load jpeg and tiff files?

Does anyone know a way around this? I can't get publisher to save in either jpeg or tiff, and I can't convert it with any other program either (or at least I can't work out how)

Am I attempting the impossible? Any other solutions known?

Any help gratefully accepted ....
    Hi Kate,
    1. Save or back up your current publication.
    2. After your publication is finished, be sure to run the Design Checker. On the Tools menu, click Design Checker.
    3. Once the final check has been made, you are ready to save your publication as a graphic file before sending it electronically.
    4. An important note: You must save each page individually. Whichever page is displayed on your screen is the page that will be saved as a graphic.
    5. On the File menu, click Save As. In the Save As dialog box, in the Save as type box, choose one of the following graphic format options: .gif, .jpg, .bmp, .tif, .png, .drw, .pcx, .wmf, .emf, .tga, and .dxf. The most common choices would be .gif, .jpg, .bmp, and .tif. If you plan to send your publication in e-mail, you will probably want to choose .gif or .jpg, because they are likely to result in relatively smaller file sizes. Experiment with each to compare the quality and size of the completed images.
  • Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    oh my god I'm a complete idiot.

Thank you for answering my quiestion Ivar. I'm a goose. I didn't look at the other options avialable when doing 'save as' in publisher. I can save it as a jpeg afterall.

sorry for wasting your time ..... :bash

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX