Domain directing you to SmugMug site

mgmphotographicsmgmphotographics Registered Users Posts: 109 Major grins
edited September 3, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hello,

I got great help regarding the above-mentioned subject. But I have a problem. My DOmain is on Yahoo and it said I could not use the CNAME method. For the A method, I would have to use an IP. What is an IP? WHAT IP? Where do I find it? I'm so confused. Also, my domain name is the same as my website and I want to keep my website too. Will I still have my website if I can ever figure out how to do this domain thing? Thanks!

Mara

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2006
    Hello,

I got great help regarding the above-mentioned subject. But I have a problem. My DOmain is on Yahoo and it said I could not use the CNAME method. For the A method, I would have to use an IP. What is an IP? WHAT IP? Where do I find it? I'm so confused. Also, my domain name is the same as my website and I want to keep my website too. Will I still have my website if I can ever figure out how to do this domain thing? Thanks!

Mara
    Hi Mara,

I am not sure if you are still needing help on this one, but if you do, have a look over here: http://www.smugmug.com/help/yahoo.mg

It will explain you exactly how to setup your yahoo!

I hope this helps.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2006
    Hello,

Mara
    wave.gif Hi Mara,

Yahoo buries their cname stuff pretty well. If you'd' like us to do it for you (we do it all the time, no worries) we can, just email your login info to your yahoo domain account, and we'll do it in a jiffy. Attn: Andy help@smugmug.com

wave.gif