Options

Violet Darters for 26 June 2006

DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
edited June 27, 2006 in Holy Macro
The best 2 from today's outing:

77893280-M.jpg

77893711-M.jpg
My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 26, 2006
    Sorry: I forgot the tech info...

Aperture priority F8, ISO 200, and -2/3 exposure bias.

MT-24 flash with a 4:1 flash ratio and -1 1/3 exposure bias.

No cropping and minor post processing. I'll delete a macro shot before I'll crop it...
    My SmugMug Gallery

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    these are nice but head in 1st dont look OOf ?
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    Dalantech wrote:
    The best 2 from today's outing:

Hi Dalantech......... I am amazed at how many of these Red Dragonflies you have been able to find eek7.gif and jealous rolleyes1.gif they are such a distinct colour.

The first shot is not as clear as the second, I know how hard it is to get a good Clean Macro Shot ....... keep posting........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2006
    these are nice but head in 1st dont look OOf ?

I think it's just SmugMug's image resizing -I have that shot on a 1900x1200 pixel wide screen monitor and you can see the individual photo sites in his eyes and the hairs on his chin...

Here is a link to the large image -it looks better: http://www.dalantech.smugmug.com/gallery/1590111/2/77893280/Large
    My SmugMug Gallery

• Options
    edited June 27, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Dalantech......... I am amazed at how many of these Red Dragonflies you have been able to find eek7.gif and jealous rolleyes1.gif they are such a distinct colour.

The first shot is not as clear as the second, I know how hard it is to get a good Clean Macro Shot ....... keep posting........ Skippy (Australia)

The area where I shoot use to be loaded with them: about one every 4 meters. Now their numbers are dwindling down and I can count them on 2 hands. I think they pair up with mates and then range out to see if they can find a new place to lay eggs -Violet Darters are very migratory.

As for the shot: I think it's SmugMug's image resizing that hurt that photo. Here is a link to the larger image: http://www.dalantech.smugmug.com/gallery/1590111/2/77893280/Large
    My SmugMug Gallery