Options

Ads

3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited July 18, 2006 in Technique
How is this for a 16x20 add at my local David's Bridal?

Your thoughts?

76974034-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited June 27, 2006
    Nice to get feedback here...lol. Guess I'll reply to myself clap.gif

kc7dji wrote:

Your thoughts?

76974034-L.jpg
  • Options
    THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    Scott-

I think it looks great! I love the torn look on each of the photos.

There's two things that stand out for me though -

Your title/logo is pretty boring compared to the rest of the poster. I think it's better to have a subtle logo so it doesn't distract from the images, but yours is a standard text and color. Keep it simple but spice it up a little - different font, better color? Not sure.

The bottom right photo, the logo, and the phone number are not aligned together. Photo is off center to text.

Otherwise - looks great! thumb.gif
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2006
    Excellent! Nice advice and I was kinda looking at that ad photo the same... I'll spice it up and come back with the results. Thanks thumb.gif
    THE TOUCH wrote:
    Scott-

I think it looks great! I love the torn look on each of the photos.

There's two things that stand out for me though -

Your title/logo is pretty boring compared to the rest of the poster. I think it's better to have a subtle logo so it doesn't distract from the images, but yours is a standard text and color. Keep it simple but spice it up a little - different font, better color? Not sure.

The bottom right photo, the logo, and the phone number are not aligned together. Photo is off center to text.

Otherwise - looks great! thumb.gif
  • Options
    John DesjarlaisJohn Desjarlais Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    kc7dji wrote:
    Excellent! Nice advice and I was kinda looking at that ad photo the same... I'll spice it up and come back with the results. Thanks thumb.gif

I think it's nice, too. I will add, though, that if I'm a potential customer I'm left wondering what your black-and-white wedding photography has to offer. I assume that's a biggie for many folks that want that timeless look in their albums.
    John Desjarlais
    macrophile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    I think it's nice, too. I will add, though, that if I'm a potential customer I'm left wondering what your black-and-white wedding photography has to offer. I assume that's a biggie for many folks that want that timeless look in their albums.

15524779-Ti.gif Good point!

BTW - before you start "redesigning", you might want to wait for a few more comments. I would hate for you to make changes based on my comments alone!
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2006
    Here is the change
    Ok I've changed the "ad" portion of the photo as well as added some light and contrast to the girl in the top left of the photo.

79891457-L.jpg

I have 3 ads total. This one has one b&w photo in it. I'll have a look at the third one and upload it when I'm at my home location.
    79892236-L.jpg

What do ya think now?

Thanks in advance
    Scott
  • Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    I think your info stands out better (which is good), but b/c the classic bride shot is so important, I think it needs to be in there some where... (maybe replace the hand holding the rings?)

with regards to the 2nd ad, I don't like it as much. There seems to be too much "white" space and the boarders/frames around the pictures don't stand out as much/enough. I think the lower 2 pix need to be larger, particularly since the couple is not that large a portion of the pictures

good luck,

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    kc7dji wrote:

Your thoughts?
    pros

1. I like the composition/color
    2. nice photo choices
    3. not cluttered

cons

1. photo placement: all subjects need to be facing "in" toward the center...not off the page
    2. might choose man/woman hands w/rings
    3. consider featuring pic of bride more prominently
    4. might collect all contact info together, away from photos
    5. torn pic edges don't do it for me...might expect more elegance w/wedding shots
    6. simplify the web address...remove http://