Scream it like you mean it!

ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
edited June 29, 2006 in People
And he did. :thumb

I would love to hear what your (yes, you!:lol3) favorite of these three are, and why.

I like them all for different reasons, and the band likes the whole set from the evening - I'm just wondering what a broad group of people might say about these three in particular....... :D

77901173-M.jpg

77901614-M.jpg

77901738-M.jpg

Thanks,
Chris
"There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg

Comments

• judahjudah Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    #3. I'd like to see it cropped in vertical. :):
    Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
    That saved a wretch like me!
    I once was lost, but now am found;
    Was blind, but now I see.

http://judah.smugmug.com/
    edited June 26, 2006
    Hi Chris,
    took a look at the whole set and #13 is my favourite. Very nice composition. It moves something. Really nice. :):

• ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    judah wrote:
    Hi Chris,
    took a look at the whole set and #13 is my favourite. Very nice composition. It moves something. Really nice. :):

Sounds like a good idea for a verticle crop on #3, will try it and post results.

Is this the 13'th you liked as your fav?
    77898527-Ti.jpg
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
    edited June 26, 2006
    Verticle crop of #3
    77936833-L.jpg

Does anyone miss the extra space? I don't know - I like both! ne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006

Does anyone miss the extra space? I don't know - I like both! ne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif

I like both too!

Cheers

HarjTT

thumb.gifD
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    I like the crop....it's more powerful. thumb.gif
    edited June 27, 2006
    Sounds like a good idea for a verticle crop on #3, will try it and post results.

Is this the 13'th you liked as your fav?
    77898527-Ti.jpg

Hi Chris,
    yeah this is the one.While lookin' at your gallery it attracted my eyes. Very nice lighting. The vertical crop on the other one makes it much more powerful in my opinion. COngrats. :):

edited June 28, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    I like the crop....it's more powerful. thumb.gif

Thanks for the comment :):
    edited June 28, 2006
    judah wrote:
    Hi Chris,
    yeah this is the one.While lookin' at your gallery it attracted my eyes. Very nice lighting. The vertical crop on the other one makes it much more powerful in my opinion. COngrats. :):

I dig. thumb.gif
  • Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2006
    Looks like some pretty hoppin' action for a church down south here... (I'm from Cary and used to go to the churches in the mountains a lot with the band I was in).

I like the first one but with a crop - I tend to enjoy some reference to the theatrical lighting and I go B&W if I can really pull out the main focus of the shot. Pulling out the main focus for me is with DOF and angles.

Mike
    Olympus E-30
    IR Modified Sony F717
    http://2H2OPhoto.smugmug.com
    edited June 29, 2006
    Mr. 2H2O wrote:
    Looks like some pretty hoppin' action for a church down south here... (I'm from Cary and used to go to the churches in the mountains a lot with the band I was in).

I like the first one but with a crop - I tend to enjoy some reference to the theatrical lighting and I go B&W if I can really pull out the main focus of the shot. Pulling out the main focus for me is with DOF and angles.

Mike

I suppose - they're a sourthern rock styled band and play alot of venues, church's being about 30% or so. I helped them with their record and shoot a few gigs now and then, I think I'm apart of the band now or something. lol3.gif