Does this work?

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
edited June 27, 2006 in People
I really can't decide whether this is cool or crap. What do you think?

77937437-L.jpg

Thanks for an honest opinion.

Regards,

Comments

• Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    Honest opinon Richard: I do not like it. Sorry neibour ...:):
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited June 27, 2006
    Honest opinon Richard: I do not like it. Sorry neibour ...:):

Fair enough. Thanks, Toni.

Saludos,
  • judahjudah Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    I quite like the vibe. Really. Maybe with full head it would have been better. Maybe. :):
    BTW, did you shoot it in B/W or converted it later? The only software I use is Picasa (I'm not that much of and editing genius) and apart from the usual B/W conversion there is a filtered B/W that helps a lot to bring out interesting elements in photos like these. Maybe there's something similar in teh software you use. Just a thought......
    Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
    That saved a wretch like me!
    I once was lost, but now am found;
    Was blind, but now I see.

http://judah.smugmug.com/
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    It's not a total loss :D .

I like the angle but not the crop. And oddly enough for B&W I think there's too much noise.

But there's still toom uch off the top of his head.
    rsinmadrid.jpg
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    I really can't decide whether this is cool or crap. What do you think?

Thanks for an honest opinion.

Regards,
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
    edited June 27, 2006
    judah wrote:
    I quite like the vibe. Really. Maybe with full head it would have been better. Maybe. :):
    BTW, did you shoot it in B/W or converted it later? The only software I use is Picasa (I'm not that much of and editing genius) and apart from the usual B/W conversion there is a filtered B/W that helps a lot to bring out interesting elements in photos like these. Maybe there's something similar in teh software you use. Just a thought......
    Thanks, Judah. The attitude of the guy was what grabbed my attention.

I shoot everything in color. The camera has a B&W mode, but I prefer to do the conversion myself in Photoshop. You get a lot more control that way.

Cheers,
    edited June 27, 2006
    adrian_k wrote:
    It's not a total loss :D .

I like the angle but not the crop. And oddly enough for B&W I think there's too much noise.

But there's still toom uch off the top of his head.
    rsinmadrid.jpg
    Hey Adrian,

I like your crop a lot better than mine. I'm afraid I can't do anything about the top of the head, as it was lost in the original. I was shooting in stealth mode--just pointing the camera as it hung on my chest, appearing to look elsewhere and pressing the shutter. This is useful in the flea market, where some people may have good reason to avoid having their picture taken. It does give unpredictable results, but I am getting better at it with practice. This one would have gone in the trash immediately, but I really liked the attitude of the guy. The noise didn't bother me, so I didn't try to do anything about it.

Oh, and congratulations on making the challenge finals. Good luck. thumb.gif

Regards,