Options

'83 Suzuki GS850G

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited June 27, 2006 in Holy Macro
New to me....

77986510-L.jpg

Took the place of my 88 Dodge Power Ram 50...traded from 4 wheels to 2.....but Oooooooooh the MPG's are a world of difference.:D

C&C welcome as always
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    New to me....

Took the place of my 88 Dodge Power Ram 50...traded from 4 wheels to 2.....but Oooooooooh the MPG's are a world of difference.:D

C&C welcome as always

Ya, I bet it DOES get better mpg! lol3.gif

If you're ever this way...... pm me and I'll give ya the gran tour thumb.gif

54961945-M.jpg
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    RatPhotoRatPhoto Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    Enjoy the Ride!
    Thought you might like one of my galleries:

http://ratphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/1584680

Just a taste:

76771622-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2006
    Ya, I bet it DOES get better mpg! lol3.gif

If you're ever this way...... pm me and I'll give ya the gran tour thumb.gif

Thanks for the offer and lookin at my ol' new bike.

Not sure if I will be doing that kind of riding on THIS bike or not.......Now if it were a Beemer, Guzzi, at this age then I would probably trust it more...also I donot know how the other owner(s) treated it.

And if your ever in this part of the country give me a PM and I'll do the same.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited June 26, 2006
    RatPhoto wrote:
    Thought you might like one of my galleries:

http://ratphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/1584680

Just a taste:

Thanks for looking......yours is a nice gallery. Keep up the good shootin'.

Wow he's wearin' work boots...not riding/ racing boots....hmmmmmmm

I really like what I have seen form you and the other bike shooters...however the racers and c. rockets aren't my type of ride.....but I admit I must admoire someone I see on the open hiway all bent over for 2 - 8 hours at a time......I couldn't do it...almost bought a Harley Cafe Racer years ago and took it for a 50 mile cruise and it 'bout kilt me ...as did a sport guzzi and the all the Jap bikes...so I stick with cruiser style......

Real reason for this bike aside from MPG is it will be easier to store when I make my move to the Czech Republic later this year, and that way I can always have transportation when I come back for visits.

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    Nice Bike
    Art Scott wrote:
    New to me....

C&C welcome as always

Does a Red Motor bike work similar to a Red Racing Car rolleyes1.gif ..... I dunno why but I have always associated the colour RED in a vehicle as being representative of SPEED ...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:

And if your ever in this part of the country give me a PM and I'll do the same.

thumb.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Does a Red Motor bike work similar to a Red Racing Car rolleyes1.gif ..... I dunno why but I have always associated the colour RED in a vehicle as being representative of SPEED ...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skip this is generally the case with red bikes but our dear german friends use an old decoy trick. They produce the red bikes & then at the last min as they are coming off the production line...they swap the colour to black thus black is what you buy if your in the know.
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    New to me....

C&C welcome as always
    Lovely old girl you have there art...my old suzuki 1100 is still on the original bottom end after red lining from every set of lights since 1982. Just keep changing the oil & she cannot die.
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2006
    gus wrote:
    Lovely old girl you have there art...my old suzuki 1100 is still on the original bottom end after red lining from every set of lights since 1982. Just keep changing the oil & she cannot die.

Thanks Gus......

now has just over 10k miles.....I put the last 1500 on this last month........we don't sit around much.....not home a lot especially on weekends........just rying to get to where I have camera gear with me on all rides....LowePro backpack to large to a;ways carry and belt pack too small......now have bungees for mono/tripod...so I am getting closer...if only I had a nice tall sissy bar and luggage rack I'd be set.

• Options
    edited June 27, 2006
    Thanx for all the comments....as for the red color and speed.....not knowing the bike...90mph is as fast as I've gotten her....I think....I lost speedo on trip from Wichita to KC Mo about 3 weeks ago and had nothing to estimate speed to...so I went off engine sound and when it sounded sweet I leveled off and cruised...no tickets.

For a shafty it comes off the ground real easy even in 3rd and 4th.....but dang still wish I had a 6th gear.......

• Options
    edited June 27, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    Thanx for all the comments....as for the red color and speed.....not knowing the bike...90mph is as fast as I've gotten her....I think....I lost speedo on trip from Wichita to KC Mo about 3 weeks ago and had nothing to estimate speed to...so I went off engine sound and when it sounded sweet I leveled off and cruised...no tickets.

For a shafty it comes off the ground real easy even in 3rd and 4th.....but dang still wish I had a 6th gear.......

I dont like 6 gears on a bike...any non race bike with some decent torque as your new old suzuk has is perfect for a 5 speed i recon. I will never buy the next model GS for this very reason.
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2006
    gus wrote:
    I dont like 6 gears on a bike...any non race bike with some decent torque as your new old suzuk has is perfect for a 5 speed i recon. I will never buy the next model GS for this very reason.

It is out on the open road I look for 6th (or widh I had 6th)......or an overdrive......she has plenty of get up and go even in 5th at 70 or 80......it just seems to be missing....ven on the instrument cluster ther is enuff space to the rt of 5th to put a 6th......lol

Of course this is only my second Jap bike...so the buzz is taking some getting used to....:D