Potential customer with unanswered slideshow questions over in dpreview

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited June 27, 2006 in SmugMug Support
There's a potential customer over in dpreview at http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1018&thread=18986713 who is complaining about Smugmug having a slow slideshow when compared to Zenfolio and Google. They say they've emailed help@smugmug.com, but not gotten a response.

I don't know whether slideshow performance is worth picking your service over, but I must say that both Zenfolio and Google do have impressive performance. It appears that they are both doing things to improve the perception of speed and to actually prefetch, but the result is a pretty nice user experience. Google is actually faster than Adobe Bridge on my own PC.
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2006
    I've already replied, and we answered (all) of her emails within minutes of receipt. They probably got caught in spam filter or something :(

Thanks John.
  • jcdilljcdill Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    There's a potential customer over in dpreview at http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1018&thread=18986713 who is complaining about Smugmug having a slow slideshow when compared to Zenfolio and Google. They say they've emailed help@smugmug.com, but not gotten a response.

Heh. Comparing Smugmug customer support with Google support is pretty funny. Google has NO customer support for anything except Google AdWords. If you are really lucky you will get an autoresponder that parses your email and replies with FAQs from their poorly written documentation. If you are really really lucky, you will get a reply from a real person days later. This reply will not answer your question, and will just point you to more FAQs.

As noted by Andy, the most common reason someone would not have received a response is due to their badly configured spam filter.
    JC Dill - Equine Photographer, San Francisco & San Jose http://portfolio.jcdill.com
    "Chance favors the prepared mind." ~ Ansel Adams
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    jcdill wrote:
    Google has NO customer support for anything except Google AdWords. If you are really lucky you will get an autoresponder that parses your email and replies with FAQs from their poorly written documentation. If you are really really lucky, you will get a reply from a real person days later. This reply will not answer your question, and will just point you to more FAQs.
    Just a counter example which I've gotten from the google Analytics support. Contains all the info I needed and took about 5 days to reach me, which is okay for a product that had been launched just recently with a huge success. thumb.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero