Captions keep re-appearing...

CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
edited June 28, 2006 in SmugMug Support
After uploading I allmost always go to bulk edit captions and keywords to remove the captions (sometimes just removing the camera info). Anyhow I've been noticing them re-appearing from time to time... what's up.For example check out this gallery:http://id.smugmug.com/gallery/1484936/1/75827471 Note that the captions are not in most of the photos. I Know for certain I've went to bulk edit at least 3 seperate occasions to remove them but now tonight there they are again. :huh
Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    Cindy, we'll have a look. Don't change anything in the gallery pls.

Thx.
  • CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Cindy, we'll have a look. Don't change anything in the gallery pls.

Thx.

Thanks Andy. I did try to change it last night a couple times via bulk but to no success. I then tried removing two photo captions directly below their photo while viewing smugmug style... (edit button right below the pic). That worked (or at least temporarly). Got lots of work to finish up today but I'll check back as time allows. Thanks again.
  • {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    Cindy - I just tried and was able to remove a caption immediately. It was on #13 - lets check later on and make sure it is still gone. Are you certain you are hitting save and not just preview after making a change?
    Cindy wrote:
    Thanks Andy. I did try to change it last night a couple times via bulk but to no success. I then tried removing two photo captions directly below their photo while viewing smugmug style... (edit button right below the pic). That worked (or at least temporarly). Got lots of work to finish up today but I'll check back as time allows. Thanks again.
  • gregkgregk Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 27, 2006
    reload exif
    {JT} wrote:
    Cindy - I just tried and was able to remove a caption immediately. It was on #13 - lets check later on and make sure it is still gone. Are you certain you are hitting save and not just preview after making a change?
    JT I have experienced the same problem as Cindy, I noted on another thread that EXIF info was being reloaded, could this have caused the captions to reappear?
    edited June 27, 2006
    {JT} wrote:
    Yep. I note the caption under #13 is gone but did you do it under the photo or via the dropdown menu bulk edit captions & keywords? It's under the dropdown bulk edit that I'm having problems. I'm confident I'm hitting save. Sometimes they'll be gone (as the first time I removed all of them) but then about a week later I noticed some of them magically returned... weird. Last night I went to bulk edit under the dropdown again... removed all captions... hit preview to verify and then save to save and return to the page... but they were still there when the page came back up. I was and am able to remove them directly under the photo via the edit button but Not via the bulk drop down list. Whether or not they will re-appear when removing them directly under the photo I don't know yet... so far they havn't. Hope this makes sense. Will be back later. Would you try removing all the captions via the bulk dropdown if you havn't and see what happens that way for you? Thanks so much.
    edited June 27, 2006
    gregk wrote:
    JT I have experienced the same problem as Cindy, I noted on another thread that EXIF info was being reloaded, could this have caused the captions to reappear?

Where're the thread? I can't find it. Matter of fact when I search to find other post by you it shows that this is the only post you've made??? ne_nau.gif
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    Cindy wrote:
    Where're the thread? I can't find it. Matter of fact when I search to find other post by you it shows that this is the only post you've made??? ne_nau.gif
    I think he refers to this thread.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • gregkgregk Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 27, 2006
    Cindy wrote:
    The thread is "EXIF gone all weird" http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=36671
    edited June 28, 2006
    Checking back to see if you tried this...
    Cindy wrote:
    Yep. I note the caption under #13 is gone but did you do it under the photo or via the dropdown menu bulk edit captions & keywords? It's under the dropdown bulk edit that I'm having problems. I'm confident I'm hitting save. Sometimes they'll be gone (as the first time I removed all of them) but then about a week later I noticed some of them magically returned... weird. Last night I went to bulk edit under the dropdown again... removed all captions... hit preview to verify and then save to save and return to the page... but they were still there when the page came back up. I was and am able to remove them directly under the photo via the edit button but Not via the bulk drop down list. Whether or not they will re-appear when removing them directly under the photo I don't know yet... so far they havn't. Hope this makes sense. Will be back later. Would you try removing all the captions via the bulk dropdown if you havn't and see what happens that way for you? Thanks so much.

Checking back to see if you tried this...? Should I try again or wait?
    I did see the other thread mentioned above... not the same issue allthough similar since they both deal with exif.

Thanks