How's this done?

digitallearnerdigitallearner Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited June 27, 2006 in Cameras
hellop being kinda new to the whole shutter and aperature priority thing, i want to know how to take photos like this DSCN0141.jpg
with a Fujifilm F10. i want to take photos of a person about 5-8 feet away from me and have their background blurred out alot.
is it possible to do photos like this that are NOT in macro mode? because in know macro does it really nice for you already.
and i dont want to do too much photoshop.

any help please?

Comments

• gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    Dof
    digitalm slr with fast lens and open aperture gives you the shallow depth of field that you are after-have a search for "depth of field" in here and elsewhere
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    You're halfway there with the blurred background. I looked at a review of the Fujifilm F10 and it seems to be a point-and-shoot with few options. With that camera I would put the dial on Portrait mode, and then zoom the camera all the way to telephoto, step back, and fill the frame.

Setting it to Portrait mode will probably set the aperture to wide and hold it there, and zooming out to tele should blur the background even more. That's the best you're going to do with a point-and-shoot, I think. And it might not be that bad. Not much else you can do without a fast portrait lens on a DSLR set to wide open aperture.
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    Well first it will be tough with that camera.
    Open up the lens and get up close.

You can also fake it in ps
    Check out this tute Using The Lens Blur
    About half way down the page.

Fred