Uploading problems on a Mac

siriusphotosiriusphoto Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited June 27, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I've just discovered a whole series of new problems with uploading from my Mac. I have a professional account (siriusphotography.smugmug.com) and rely on keywords to differentiate photos within an album. Those keywords are embedded in the IPTC data, they contain numbers, and in the past enclosing those keywords within quote marks allowed them to be visible. I just finished a large upload using the drag-and-drop Java applet only to discover they were absent. I tried removing the quotemarks and the keywords uploaded but truncated (minus the numbers on the end or beginning) like they did in the past. This led me to find the new Mac uploader. Is there some way to distinguish albums of the SAME name but in DIFFERENT catagories and subcategories using this uploader? When I try to create a new album using this uploader rather than within the browser it simply adds it to the most recently created subcategory in the correct category even though I have selected the correct category/subcategory. I'm experiencing a severe case of hair-pulling at the moment, can someone please help me?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2006
    I'm experiencing a severe case of hair-pulling at the moment, can someone please help me?

Hold on to that hair :) Can you revert back to V1, let's see if there's an issue w/ v2? I'll also call in some reinforcements.

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=329547&postcount=15
  • BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 27, 2006
    When I try to create a new album using this uploader rather than within the browser it simply adds it to the most recently created subcategory in the correct category even though I have selected the correct category/subcategory. I'm experiencing a severe case of hair-pulling at the moment, can someone please help me?

Thanks for reporting this... I am looking into it with the developer to see what I can do.
    Smug since 2003