Help with saving technique

BkodgerBkodger Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
edited June 28, 2006 in Finishing School
While I was reading through some of the tutorials for customizing smugmug, I read that if I 'save for web' after editing pic in PS it deletes the camera details option to use on smugmug. What way do I need to use in order to keep this feature, and help with quality of the pics at the same time.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Nikon D610
70-200 f.28, 24-85
www.PhotoExpectations.com

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    you should use: SAVE AS.......This doesnot delete out the EXIF info from the pic....and oic a jpg quality of 8 - 12 depending on the final use of the pic.

If the pic is going to be used simply for web display then save fir the web is fine....as your original should still have the exif data with it.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    smugmug recommends saving the jpegs as a 10.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • BkodgerBkodger Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    you should use: SAVE AS.......This doesnot delete out the EXIF info from the pic....and oic a jpg quality of 8 - 12 depending on the final use of the pic.

If the pic is going to be used simply for web display then save fir the web is fine....as your original should still have the exif data with it.
    What is this?
    Nikon D610
    70-200 f.28, 24-85
    www.PhotoExpectations.com