Options

BW Candid Portrait

johnnydangerjohnnydanger Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited November 12, 2004 in People
After spending some time converting this shot to black and white I finally feel like it's 'just right'. Comments?

jo.jpg
Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comments

• Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2004
    Looks excellent to me! You get 2 thumbs up. thumb.gifthumb
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    danmandanman Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited November 12, 2004
    Very nice. Good contrast - does he like it!?
    Danny
    After spending some time converting this shot to black and white I finally feel like it's 'just right'. Comments?
  • Options
    johnnydangerjohnnydanger Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited November 12, 2004
    danman wrote:
    Very nice. Good contrast - does he like it!?
    Danny

I actually haven't shown the model the B/W version. We'll see. Thanks guys. I actually just redid it a touch to bring out some shadow detail in the hair, and contrasted the eyes a little more as well as did a slight crop on it. It think it's a smidge better.

jo2.jpg
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 12, 2004
    I actually haven't shown the model the B/W version. We'll see. Thanks guys. I actually just redid it a touch to bring out some shadow detail in the hair, and contrasted the eyes a little more as well as did a slight crop on it. It think it's a smidge better.

jo2.jpg
    yo johnny, careful - its getting a little too contrasty now. You may have brought out the hair, but facial features are getting harsh, and you've blown out the cheek highlights. Maybe soften it back up with with some simple shadow/highlight?

It's so easy to "fix" too much, ain't it?

Great shot, candids rock!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2004
    Nice!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts