Around the World - dumb newbie question

SeattleYatesSeattleYates Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited July 2, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I'm still fairly new to SmugMug and Dgrin. I'm sure this is a really basic issue, but I've spent over an hour searching past archives trying to get the "Around the World" map to work (I'm not one of those people who asks first, without searching for the answer), and I have two questions:

1. I can't get the map to show up on my page (http://seattleyates.smugmug.com/) right; it always shows up zoomed WAY in, so there is no actual map -- just a white screen and message saying,

"We are sorry, but we don't have imagery at this zoom level for this region. Try zooming out for a broader look."

Sure enough, when I zoom way out, I eventually get a normal looking map, but I can't expect visitors to my page to do that.

2. I also can't (even after reading the Help page over and over) figure out how to put pointers on my map (assuming I get #1 above resolved). :dunno

Any help would be appreciated!
Bruce Yates
Seattle, WA

Canon 5D MkII and 1Ds MkII (used mostly underwater), 1D MkIII for topside

www.UnderwaterReflections.com (my Smugmug site, customized by DGrinner jerryr)

If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it. WC Fields

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    Hi,

I uploaded a photo (NYC, Grand Central Clock Facade).. and gave it geography. Now you will see it on your map :) You can delete of course :)

OK so the zoom thing - if you have a photo tagged, and there's no imagery associated with it from google, you'll get that message.

To edit geography, do photo tools>edit geography and the next screen you can look up the address. Apply, and done.

Does this help?
  • SeattleYatesSeattleYates Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi,
    I uploaded a photo (NYC, Grand Central Clock Facade).. and gave it geography. Now you will see it on your map :) You can delete of course :)
    OK so the zoom thing - if you have a photo tagged, and there's no imagery associated with it from google, you'll get that message.
    To edit geography, do photo tools>edit geography and the next screen you can look up the address. Apply, and done.
    Does this help?

Thanks, Andy! I now appear to be up and running! thumb.gif
    Bruce Yates
    Seattle, WA

If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it. WC Fields
  • SeattleYatesSeattleYates Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2006
    OK, now my problem is that when you click on one of the little pointer/markers on my map, instead of a little balloon popping up to show you the location and photo, it does a full zoom into that location. Again, I can't find the reason... ne_nau.gif Sorry to be so dense... headscratch.gif
    Bruce Yates
    Seattle, WA

• SatchSatch Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 2, 2006
    I am having the same problem. The markers are showing up, but when I click on one, the map zooms in, but the marker has disappeared.

OK, now my problem is that when you click on one of the little pointer/markers on my map, instead of a little balloon popping up to show you the location and photo, it does a full zoom into that location. Again, I can't find the reason... ne_nau.gif Sorry to be so dense... headscratch.gif