Surfing - Wedge gets its first Summer Southern Hemi of '06

PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
edited June 28, 2006 in Sports
Hey everyone! Well, once again the Wedge circus was back in action again this past week and as always, the crazy-brave, maniacs, and the flat out twisted boarders, surfers, and crowds made their way back out to the Wedge in Newport Beach, CA for the first hyped up swell of summer.

As always, there are more spectators than surfers out there, especially after surfing blackball occurs (bodysurfing only). Naturally, there is always some impressive gear out there and this past week was no exception. I counted no less than a half-dozen 300mm f/2.8L, 400mm f/2.8L and tons of white glass all over :thumb

As for the surfers, we didnt see too many incidents this time, but lots and lots of drop-ins as always in those crowded lineups!

As always, thanks for looking :D

77841393-M-2.jpg

77200976-M-2.jpg

77195104-M-2.jpg

77833239-M-2.jpg

77932006-M.jpg

78026553-M.jpg

77198763-M.jpg

77945181-M-1.jpg

78026577-M.jpg
Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
Master Of Sushi Noms
Amateur CSS Dork

Comments

• illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    Yeah I was actually in huntington beach when these waves hit the Wedge, I didn't get a chance go down and shoot which sorta bummed me out. I only took photos of surfers at huntington from the pier because i only had 70-2009 i'll post some soon). But I am glad to see you gotta chance too, the shots look great, I really like number one.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    Yeah I was actually in huntington beach when these waves hit the Wedge, I didn't get a chance go down and shoot which sorta bummed me out. I only took photos of surfers at huntington from the pier because i only had 70-2009 i'll post some soon). But I am glad to see you gotta chance too, the shots look great, I really like number one.
    Yeah, the circus wasnt worth the time dude! And as you know, parking near the end of Balboa is always very tough when the big crowds come for the waves. Still though, you would have loved it if you were a lens geek like me, seeing all that expensive L glass out there! thumb.gif

Here's another from the second day.

Acid Drop!
    77030061-M-3.jpg
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork