Motorcycle Racing School

xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited July 4, 2006 in Sports
Went to a racing scool last week end with my new bigma (135-400 ). The track opened at 8 am and I had to start learning this lens fast. The morning shots were so so and i had douts about the lens. As the afternoon run started I was learning the lens and got real comfterable with it and started to capture a lot af shots. We had a lot of rain earler and only had a few spots i could shot from with out having wet feet all day. Next time I will explore more of the track.

78426014-L.jpg
78426013-L.jpg
78426011-L.jpg

78426017-L.jpg
xtnomad :wink

Comments

• CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2006
    OOOh, Love that last one !
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2006
    Well you got to learn while they got to learn!:D

Not bad for your first time with a new lens.thumb.gif I just have to get out to the local road course....soon!
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2006
    CookieS wrote:
    OOOh, Love that last one !

mee too, but it's about a half-stop (full stop?) over exposed...
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    78426011-L.jpg

I like this one best.
    For the sake of constructive criticism...a little heavy in the contrast and a little light in the crop but I still like it! Way to go with that new lens. thumb.gif
    Cheers,

Chris Sedg. :cool
    www.christophersedgwick.com

• xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Thank you for the comments. A little on the bright side and cropping was light. but I want to get the shots out of the camera close on the first shot and not have a lot of post prosessing as these all were JPG. Next outing I am going to try to find better spots to shot. And will do more raw shots as I learn the lens. I just wish I could tell the track to cut the grass. And I will take some wadders with me this week end with all the rain we received this week, and i don't think any of the riders that leave the track will be coming back on the track for the afternoon run. eek7.gif
    xtnomad :wink