Violet Darters in shutter priority

DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
edited June 30, 2006 in Holy Macro
One way to keep the shutter speed at 1/250 of a second and defeat the wind. As always minimal post processing and no cropping...

78520186-M.jpg

78520398-M.jpg

78520618-M.jpg

C&C always welcome :):
My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2006
    Dalantech wrote:
    One way to keep the shutter speed at 1/250 of a second and defeat the wind. As always minimal post processing and no cropping...
    C&C always welcome :):

The thing I look for when shooting bugs is that COMPOUND eye structure if the bug actually has COMPOUND eyes, because when you get that right you can clearly see all the lines that make up the structure of the eye.

I remember a Macro Photographer once telling me the most important thing to get in FOCUS when shooting bugs is THE EYES it doesn't matter that part of the body is out of focus as long as the eyes are in focus.

You are so fortunate to have access to so many Dragonflies Dalentach, gosh I would be beside myself with joy if I could be so lucky.

Thanks for sharing....... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    The thing I look for when shooting bugs is that COMPOUND eye structure if the bug actually has COMPOUND eyes, because when you get that right you can clearly see all the lines that make up the structure of the eye.

I remember a Macro Photographer once telling me the most important thing to get in FOCUS when shooting bugs is THE EYES it doesn't matter that part of the body is out of focus as long as the eyes are in focus.

You are so fortunate to have access to so many Dragonflies Dalentach, gosh I would be beside myself with joy if I could be so lucky.

Thanks for sharing....... Skippy (Australia)

That's why I kept the shutter at 1/250 -if there is any subject movement you'll lose the detail in those compound eyes.

It's human nature to look a creature in the eyes to judge intent -should I run or not?! Since we are instantly drawn to the eyes they MUST be in focus -the rest of the image can be a total blur, but if the eyes are sharp then the overall image is perceived as being in focus...

And yes, I am lucky :):
    My SmugMug Gallery

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2006
    3rd is great loved it weldone
    you have a lot of helicopters there

they are known as helicopters here ne_nau.gif
    Kids named them 1st :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2006
    3rd is great loved it weldone
    you have a lot of helicopters there

they are known as helicopters here ne_nau.gif
    Kids named them 1st :D

Thanks! I'm always looking for new compositions with them.

You may actually have Violet Darters in Pakistan -they are migrating your direction...
    My SmugMug Gallery