Uploading photos is too long

yvoncanadayvoncanada Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited June 29, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Did i miss something? Uploading photos used to be quick and easy, now it takes forever. I used to be able to select multiple photos at a time and watch them upload. The universal drag and drop froze my coumputer and the other option is now like other cheap photo galleries.

I'm sure its my fault i'm not selecting the right option.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2006
    yvoncanada wrote:
    Did i miss something? Uploading photos used to be quick and easy, now it takes forever. I used to be able to select multiple photos at a time and watch them upload. The universal drag and drop froze my coumputer and the other option is now like other cheap photo galleries.

I'm sure its my fault i'm not selecting the right option.
    wave.gif Hi, and sorry you are having trouble! We'll help. Some questions:

1) what browser and version are you using?
    2) Mac or PC?
    3) what size files are you uploading?
    4) have you checked your line quality? There's a free test you can run, and then give us the link from the results: www.dslreports.com , register, and then tools, line quality test.

More here, too: http://www.smugmug.com/help/problems

Hang in there, we'll get you sorted in no time!
  • yvoncanadayvoncanada Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2006
    Wow what a quick response, i just posted two minutes ago!

Just like i thought i wasn't using the right option. It's the internet explorer uploader i was looking for, i think before it was under another name.

My apologies for wasting your time.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2006
    yvoncanada wrote:
    Wow what a quick response, i just posted two minutes ago!

Just like i thought i wasn't using the right option. It's the internet explorer uploader i was looking for, i think before it was under another name.

My apologies for wasting your time.
    You're not wasting our time :D We're here to help. So, you found the "we have others" link and are good to go? ear.gif