Macro opinions

thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited July 3, 2006 in Holy Macro
I was cleaning out my files and came across some macros that I had fogoton about. I sold my macro lens a while back but might buy the same lens again or just stick to landscape. Your opinions will help me make my decision...Many thanks!

34460395-M.jpg

34460401-M.jpg

34460397-M.jpg

34460399-M.jpg
Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb

Comments

• DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2006
    thdizzy wrote:
    ... I sold my macro lens a while back but might buy the same lens again or just stick to landscape. Your opinions will help me make my decision...Many thanks!

Sold your macro lens?! :cry

*Dal's jaw drops to the floor*

I think your shots looked pretty good -why did you get out of macro? I've been shooting almost nothing but macro since I bought my first lens back in Febuary...
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2006
    wow just amazing
    Sold :cry
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2006
    Dalantech wrote:
    Sold your macro lens?! :cry

I agree - if you're lookin' for confirmation that you should rebuy your macro lens, I think you've got it:D Go for it.

Colleen
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • retroretro Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2006
    buy it again, definitely..:):
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2006
    thdizzy wrote:
    I was cleaning out my files and came across some macros that I had fogoton about. I sold my macro lens a while back but might buy the same lens again or just stick to landscape. Your opinions will help me make my decision...Many thanks!

Ohhhhhh Todd those are really nice......... what is that last shot?
    That one is really cool......almost looks like a sea urchant rather than a flower....... yep you get yourself a Macro lens again thumb.gif Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    Thanks guys and gals...I listed my Sigma 70-300 today and we'll order the Sigma 105 macro ASAP.

Thanks again!
    Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb