Today's damsel and dragon

DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
edited July 5, 2006 in Holy Macro
More experimenting with shooting macro in shutter priority. Camera set to a -1 exposure bias, MT-24 flash set to -1 1/3 to -1 2/3 of a stop under. ISO 200, minimal post processing and no cropping.

78523760-M.jpg

78663676-M.jpg

C&C always welcome :):
My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2006
    Dalantech wrote:
    More experimenting with shooting macro in shutter priority. Camera set to a -1 exposure bias, MT-24 flash set to -1 1/3 to -1 2/3 of a stop under. ISO 200, minimal post processing and no cropping.
    C&C always welcome :):

......... man I gave up experimenting and just use Manual and make sure I shoot in RAW...... ohhhhhhh I LOVE RAW iloveyou.gif Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    ......... man I gave up experimenting and just use Manual and make sure I shoot in RAW...... ohhhhhhh I LOVE RAW iloveyou.gif Skippy (Australia)

How does shooting in RAW compensate for changes in exposure? You can only be off by a limited amount -after a certain point a bad exposure is a bad exposure, even if you shoot in RAW...
    My SmugMug Gallery

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2006
    from where you get all those dragons ? look like you have a lot there headscratch.gif
    great shots
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    from where you get all those dragons ? look like you have a lot there headscratch.gif
    great shots

Lago d'Averno is where I shoot them. Two months ago there was at least one dragon every 4 meters for 200 meters of the bike path that runs around the lake. Now I can count the number of Violet Darters on two hands -they've really thinned out. I shoot them a lot because I've learned how to get close to them, and I know how to tell if one of them will let me get close... mwink.gif
    My SmugMug Gallery