Newbie question

madmastermindmadmastermind Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited June 30, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi, I'm new to Digital Grin and Smugmug and am glad to be here. :)

In terms of the homepage structure, I'm trying to figure out how to get it like this Click instead of what I have now which is this Click. Like, how there are pics on the first link's page...then the keywords and the featured pics etc etc...instead of how mine is set up...one over the other with no keywords and no featured galleries.

Thank you so much :)

*Cheers*

MadMasterMind

Comments

• SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 30, 2006
    Hi, I'm new to Digital Grin and Smugmug and am glad to be here. :)

In terms of the homepage structure, I'm trying to figure out how to get it like this Click instead of what I have now which is this Click. Like, how there are pics on the first link's page...then some on the right and lower right...instead of how mine is set up...one over the other.

Thank you so much :)

*Cheers*

MadMasterMind

Welcome to Smugmug and Dgrin!

You have the correct link to your site. However, you are probably confused because it looks different when you are logged in. You have a lot of buttons, options, and boxes that won't show up to your visitors. An easy way to test it is to log out and go back to your homepage. When you're logged out, you're viewing it as visitors to your site will.

The first page you linked is actually a community page, which has a different design than a user's homepage.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2006
    wave.gif welcome to Dgrin, Mad!

Power and Pro customers can change the look and feel of their pages, in infinite number of ways. Standard subscribers can pick from 20+ themes (more on the way soon!) here: http://themes.smugmug.com

I hope this helps!
  • madmastermindmadmastermind Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2006
    Thanks for replying so quickly.

So, if I wanted to upgrade to the Power account...would I just cancel my current Standard account, then re-apply to obtain the ability to customize the look of each page?

Also, if I choose not to, in terms of a link or links within the site...like, when you click on an image of the homepage, I was trying to find a 'home' link that would take me directly back to the homepage..instead of having to click the 'back' button through all the images I just looked at...lastly, can we put in links for external use?

Thanks again :):
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2006
    Thanks for replying so quickly.

So, if I wanted to upgrade to the Power account...would I just cancel my current Standard account, then re-apply to obtain the ability to customize the look of each page?

Also, if I choose not to, in terms of a link or links within the site...like, when you click on an image of the homepage, I was trying to find a 'home' link that would take me directly back to the homepage..instead of having to click the 'back' button through all the images I just looked at...lastly, can we put in links for external use?

Thanks again :):

To upgrade, you just go to control panel>upgrade.

If you stay at standard level, you can use the "breadcrumb" to navigate back. You have your galleries set to "hide owner" which does just that, it hides you (and your navigation).