Smuggers head kicked at DP Review

kevin.coppalottikevin.coppalotti Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited July 1, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have just figured out why Dp Review cracked down on all the 'Smuggers' hawking their discount coupons in signatures at DP Review.
I believe the sudden crackdown after 2 years of tolerating the coupon codes was because DP review now has pop up advertising on the forums, and to 'protect' those advertisers Phil had a crackdown on all the 'illegal' street peddlars flogging their wares (ie coupons) without paying any 'rent' in the 'shopping Mall'.

Comments

• mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2006
    I have just figured out why Dp Review cracked down on all the 'Smuggers' hawking their discount coupons in signatures at DP Review.
    I believe the sudden crackdown after 2 years of tolerating the coupon codes was because DP review now has pop up advertising on the forums, and to 'protect' those advertisers Phil had a crackdown on all the 'illegal' street peddlars flogging their wares (ie coupons) without paying any 'rent' in the 'shopping Mall'.

I haven't been following this too closely, but I have to wonder--how many folks here would have noticed those pop-up ads? I very rarely see any.
  • MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2006
    I guess I still don't get it...
    It's Phil Askey's Club, so you either wear your jacket and tie or go somewhere else ne_nau.gif

My dpreview experience doesn't hang on whether or not I have a promo code in my sig.

So basically...

:deadhorse
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Ken CCPKen CCP Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2006
    Where

I am on DPreview most days in the forums.. I have noticed no change in the two banner ads and camera purchase links in reviews. I would get a message if I was blocking a pop-up