The End of Fantasy Camp & A Dream Come True

jdfaithjdfaith Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
edited July 3, 2006 in Sports
I had the great fortune of attending NY Mets Fantasy Camp in January. A 40th birthday present from my wife and the greatest gift I'd ever received (next to the birth of my girls).

Well while camp ended in January, the last component was a trip to Shea in June to be introduced before a Mets' game and come back two days later to take the field and play a game with friends and family in attendance.

While batting practice didn't leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling (I was lunging and not letting the ball come to me), the game results were better, as I singled to right on the first pitch I saw.

I waited until 40 to go to camp for the first time and the experience couldn't have been better.

Here's a shot of the magic at-bat.

62695702.zCoglugf.jpg

I hope to post some more from camp part 2 soon.

Thanks for looking.

John

Comments

• vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2006
    jdfaith wrote:
    I had the great fortune of attending NY Mets Fantasy Camp in January. A 40th birthday present from my wife and the greatest gift I'd ever received (next to the birth of my girls).

Well while camp ended in January, the last component was a trip to Shea in June to be introduced before a Mets' game and come back two days later to take the field and play a game with friends and family in attendance.

While batting practice didn't leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling (I was lunging and not letting the ball come to me), the game results were better, as I singled to right on the first pitch I saw.

I waited until 40 to go to camp for the first time and the experience couldn't have been better.

Here's a shot of the magic at-bat.

I hope to post some more from camp part 2 soon.

Thanks for looking.

John
    You might want to crop this a bit, there's a guy at the top with no head!!!
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    looks like fun....I wish they had a sports shooters fanatsy camp....I'd go!:D
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D