snapshots at the "We're finally seniors!!" picnic!

rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
edited July 3, 2006 in People
some pictures that I snapped at the "We're FINALLY Seniors!!!!" Picnic.

2005_0324patelengagemtnparty0335bwc.jpg

2005_0324patelengagemtnparty0144bwc.jpg

comments welcome!

- RE
www.rossfrazier.com
www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
Infiniti QX4

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2006
    Hey Ross
    rosselliot wrote:
    comments welcome!
    - RE

While I appreciate the feelings (I got meself an brand new senior this year, too:-), I honestly do not think that selective coloring works in this case. It's like - "make up your mind, are you gonna go color or b/w?" ne_nau.gif

Nice pictures, otherwise thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    I really like the second one.
    I think you should decide to go black and white on this one. When you turn it b&w you should also make some extra layers and then go back and try to make the sky pop a little more. It's too light for me and I was just playing around with it quickly and I find it looks nice with well defined clouds and sky alongside the partly silhouetted girl.
    Good job.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • deeyadeeya Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    I agree with the previous commentors... I think either B&W or color... I like the first shot.. think it would look great with color (unless those shirts the girls are wearing really clash because the pants/shorts seem to go really well together).

With the second one... if you are going to play around with it.. you might want to straighten it just a bit so it doesn't look like she is going to fall out of the chair. Nice angle on that shot though..
    Denise

http://deeya.smugmug.com