Sarah & Scout Storyboard

deeyadeeya Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
edited July 3, 2006 in People
Photogmomma's storyboard inspired me to do one of my own... this one from pix I took earlier this week of Sarah... some of which were posted in another thread here..

79145365-L.jpg

TFL... comments welcome..
Denise

http://deeya.smugmug.com

Comments

• LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    beautiful storyboard... as in, great story. But, for photo critique, we'll need some larger photos to work wit', you know?

peace,
    LeDude
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    It works great as three.
    That last one is the keeper though, if all were left on their own.
    The colors are really nice and the light seemed really good on that day and the subjects are both really cute.
    Good job.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • deeyadeeya Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    LeDude wrote:
    beautiful storyboard... as in, great story. But, for photo critique, we'll need some larger photos to work wit', you know?

peace,
    LeDude

Thanks Rich... I'm not sure what you mean by larger photos, but I did change out the original post from the "medium" link to the "large" link in case that's what you meant. The storyboard itself is 18 1/2 inches long.. with each individual picture 5 inches wide...

This is the first one I've tried and I didn't even think about researching how big these usually are. I resized the photos to keep it from being too big... hmmm did I make them too small anyway.. even at 5x4??

Thanks again..

Denise
    Denise

edited July 3, 2006
    It works great as three.
    That last one is the keeper though, if all were left on their own.
    The colors are really nice and the light seemed really good on that day and the subjects are both really cute.
    Good job.
    Ashley

Thanks Ashley. I got lucky that day and got what I consider a lot of great shots.. these three just worked really well together.

Denise
    Denise

• LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    deeya wrote:
    Thanks Rich... I'm not sure what you mean by larger photos, but I did change out the original post from the "medium" link to the "large" link in case that's what you meant. The storyboard itself is 18 1/2 inches long.. with each individual picture 5 inches wide...

This is the first one I've tried and I didn't even think about researching how big these usually are. I resized the photos to keep it from being too big... hmmm did I make them too small anyway.. even at 5x4??

Thanks again..

Denise
    Denise! Hey, how's it going? I didn't realize it was you when I posted before (I also happened to be a bit under the 1drink.gif1drink).

Maybe try posting the pics one at a time in this thread so we can take a closer look. They look good to me and I agree with Ashley, but because the photos are all together it's hard to get a good umph.gif on each individual shot.

regards,
    Rich
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    These look GREAT!
    I'm glad I inspired someone. Laughing.gif! (I was inspired by others to do mine....)

As for sizes, apparently most storyboards are 10X20, as that frame size is pretty easy to find. i also know that there are lots of templates out there, including these: www.jennastemplates.com if you are looking for more inspiration.

As for the photos (and this is purely personal preference), I like to choose three photos that are little more different. I find that the first two are pretty similar and my eye skips over them and goes right to the last one. But that's really just my personal preference as I see many storyboards like this one!!

HTH! I'd love to see more. This little girl is just gorgeous and all these shots and your others were awesome! :D
    edited July 3, 2006
    LeDude wrote:
    Denise! Hey, how's it going? I didn't realize it was you when I posted before (I also happened to be a bit under the 1drink.gif1drink).

Maybe try posting the pics one at a time in this thread so we can take a closer look. They look good to me and I agree with Ashley, but because the photos are all together it's hard to get a good umph.gif on each individual shot.

regards,
    Rich

Hey Rich.. sounds like you are enjoying the holiday... some of us had to work.. :cry but I'll be out on the beach tomorrow night watching the fireworks...

As for the pics.. I posted a few of them in another thread .. one at a time... I hate to inundate the place with all 99 I have from the shoot Laughing.gif:) But I do understand what you are saying about them being smaller and harder to see...

78466254-L.jpg

This one from the center of the board is probably my favorites of the 3 because I see such sweetness on her face... not sure it is the best of them.. but it draws me..

Anyway.. thanks again for the comments... I finally followed your advice and got started posting here... and set up a smugmug site myself.. Now let's see how much I improve in a year.. nod.gif
    Denise

edited July 3, 2006
    As for sizes, apparently most storyboards are 10X20, as that frame size is pretty easy to find. i also know that there are lots of templates out there, including these: www.jennastemplates.com if you are looking for more inspiration.

Thanks Andi... I'm checking out the website.. and will continue to follow you around for inspiration.. :D
    Denise