68 Blur Comments & Ideas Appreciated

CharbuCharbu Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
edited July 5, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
79169963-L.jpg
79165978-L.jpg

Comments

• TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    These are both very nice - have a stained glass quality to them.clap.gifclap

I guess I prefer the first. The bright colors in the 'frame' of the second distract me from the main subjet.

THe edges of the flower are a bit artifical looking tho.
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    I like the stained glass look too.......clap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • CharbuCharbu Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    I've refined the look. I think this works better. What do you think?
    79338191-L.jpg
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    perfect clap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    This is very nice. I don't usually like border/frames, but it really works here..

79338191-Th.jpg

I think it will do nicely in the competition. Even if it doesn't, I think it's a winner.
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Yes...
    Looks better now.
    Good luck.
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • MarkSBMarkSB Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Very nice! thumb.gif
  • seek2lurnseek2lurn Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    That's really pretty Charbu...I like that one alot.thumb.gif
  • KodachromeKodachrome Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Charbu wrote:
    79169963-L.jpg

For me it is an easy decision...this number one by a mile...it is sooo much stronger graphically. I love B&W with isolated colour.
    edited July 4, 2006
    Today, July 04, 2006, 8:19:20 PM Does this image AT ALL fit the Blur concept? I am working on others, but kinda liked this a little bit. Been wracking my brain to figure out how to create a blur, yet everything be in focus!!! Laughing.gif

Do you have Photoshop? ...if you do check out under filter tab Filter...Blur...Radial Blur. Or a pull zoom would be an interesting effect, all would be sharp...I think ...but blurry. There is a couple of pull zoom exposure pictures on this board...have fun!
    edited July 4, 2006
    Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. Have to admit tho...I guess I am old school

Hi "Wagon Wheel"

I to have just bought my first digital camera last week...I was waiting to get all that I wanted in a digital before making the leap. At th3e moment I am working on a book project with a little over half done...first half of the book, 645 chrome...the rest will be on the D5. What I am finding is the huge amount of work connected to the digital after the shoot. With Transp. you just pick them up from the lab sort and file...done

Some how I have to stream line the post production...having to bring all the shots up on the screen then file away sounds simple...try from 100 frames a day...plus shooting...I never have any time any more! ...ooo ya also need to burn a CD for off site storage...ugh!

Back to your project...yes photoshop can work wonders but there is nothing more satisfying than incamera magic...if you have a Zoom try a pull focus...that might just be the ticket.
  • OneWayMuleOneWayMule Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    Today, July 04, 2006, 8:59:56 PM

Does this fit the catagory any better?

i personally like this one much more although it falls short on composition.
    the angle doesnt really work for me & background is distracting.

i think the same idea w/ simpler setting & good framing will turn out great thumb.gif