First Surf Photos

illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
edited July 4, 2006 in Sports
I went to Huntington Beach and took photos of surfers the last day i was there. I was disappointed that I couldn't shoot more because I was having so much fun. These two photos I felt were the best that I took, I was only using a 70-200 and shooting from the pier but it was till super fun. Enjoy them, comments welcome.
~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.

Comments

• illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    Body surfer

• JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    Nice jobthumb.gif , I like the first the best.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    They look good for first attemptclap.gif
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    I really like the 1st one. Good job for a 1st attempt (and w/ only 200 mm of reach :D )

cheers,

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    Great Shots.ylsuper.gifdrums.gifDJ.gif
    xtnomad :wink
  • PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    Good stuff bro! Its been kinda difficult getting many good surf shots lately hasnt it? The waves have been a big disappointment and the short range forecast doesnt have any major swelling coming through for the next couple of weeks... that being said however...

...when the Wedge goes off and is firing later this summer, I want you to PM me so we can get some shoot time in down there (and so you can use my 600 f/4 in action) thumb.gif

Thanks for sharing!
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Pezpix wrote:
    Good stuff bro! Its been kinda difficult getting many good surf shots lately hasnt it? The waves have been a big disappointment and the short range forecast doesnt have any major swelling coming through for the next couple of weeks... that being said however...

...when the Wedge goes off and is firing later this summer, I want you to PM me so we can get some shoot time in down there (and so you can use my 600 f/4 in action) thumb.gif

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the comment pezpix, yea I really wanted to shoot at the Wedge when those 9 footers came in but I didnt get a chance to make it.

I would be awesome if we could shoot together sometime only one prob. I live in Phoenix, I was in Huntington for two weeks to visit my friend. Next time I come to Cali I will PM you so we can meet up and hit the beach and hopefully some nice waves will be rolling out and I can use your 600mm :D .

Ohhh and thanks for your comments to EVERYONE !!!!

Marko Knezevic